AMPLIFIRE 12 Could not restore assets

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Andrew Eppich-Stevens, Jun 1, 2017.

1. cirpo58

cirpo58 Member

Some update on this matter?
    Thanks

2. Dayron

Dayron Member

I have received a mail back from Tom:june 12th

Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that your having an issue with your AF12. Send me your number and a good time to contact you so we can troubleshoot this issue and get you back up and running ASAP.

Best,

Tom

I have sent another mail with the question for an .afu firmware file.
    I think when doing the automatic update, when the amplifire reboots, it looses connection with the software, but can't reconnect it back (so time out)
    If using a firmware file from your PC so not through the .exe (automatic) but a seperate file, i think it might push it through, as i think it won't have to reconnect. as the file is being pushed through as a whole.

I might be totally wrong, and all i do is guessing, and trying to get it back to running. But that's my logical explanation of the problem.

3. Dayron

Dayron Member

Still no response.
    Monday i'll be forced to send my amplifire back to Andertons, who will then send them back to the US...
    Who knows how long i will be without an amp (it's not a backup, it's my main and only amp).

It started good with a quick response, but then echoes...

4. Dayron

Dayron Member

Update: No word back from Atomic, i've sent my unit back to Andertons, and i'll receive a brand new one in a couple days.
    Nice that Tom and Andertons have made those deals, otherwise i would have had to wait a couple weeks. Thumbs up for Atomic there!

For sale: Atomic Amplifire 12, brand new, unopened in box, including M.Britt and Fremen Presets, 750€.

5. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Well-Known Member

So are you now selling your Andertons replacement?

6. Dayron

Dayron Member

That is right Anthony, i made up my mind to sell it a few ago already, it's dumb that that problem happened, but it wouldn't have changed my mind.
    I'm going for the Helix LT. I think that it will have more of the features that i hoped for in the Amplifire12. I loved the sound and feel of the Amplifire12, but it's too much tweaking for me to get effects right, and where to put them. I rather take lesser good quality sound and more/easier effects, but that's me personally :)

Anthony Newcomb likes this.
  7. Andrew Eppich-Stevens

Andrew Eppich-Stevens Member

So I ended up having to send it back to Atomic and they fixed it and sent it back. Didnt find out what the problem was.

Anthony Newcomb likes this.
  8. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Well-Known Member

That's great to hear, glad they got you back up and running ;)