Amplifire AND tube combination? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Gtrshred, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Gtrshred

Gtrshred Member

I'm curious if anyone has tried using the Amplifire through some typs of tube power amp then into a mixer and/or soundboard for live use? I'm still tweaking and gigging my A3. I've played tube amps all my life (currently use a PWE Event Horizon III or a Suhr PT100se) so I'm missing the warmth and tone with the A3. To me that is the only element missing from the A3. I would love for the A3 to have some kind of tube connection. So if anybody knows of a way of running an Amplifire into a tube powered source then out to a soundboard or mixer, PLEASE let me know! Thanks.

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Why not just disable the cab block, plug the AA into the effect return of a tube amp and mic the cab?

Gtrshred likes this.
  3. Ken Hill

Ken Hill Active Member

I did this recently for a duo gig I do. My partner plays acoustic and I play clean electric. I tweaked it at home for 10 minutes. I thought I would need the compressor ,EQ, etc.... to get a good sound. I actually ended up turning off everything except the Amp model and Reverb. It sounded great. Then I tweaked it some first set that was it. I plan on trying full band next. From what I have experienced so far, full band is going to sound great. (Edit) I probably should say that I did not push the power amp into overdrive. I used the amp as a clean slate.

4. Gtrshred

Gtrshred Member

No don't want to go into a head or combo. Wondering if there's a dedicated tube amp to pair with the A3 that would have a direct out to go out to a soundboard. For live use or studio.

5. Gtrshred

Gtrshred Member

It may sound crazy but to have a small portable rig where I'd have the A3 going into a power amp that would have a direct out. Makes sense? I've heard of people running into the fx loop of an amp head or combo then out to speaker cab. But that's not what I'm looking for.

6. jukeskytalker

jukeskytalker Member

Yes run it into a fryette tube power amp killer tone, get a 2x12 with a v30 and another fave speaker and boom, ever tried a wgs alnico, gamechanger for blending incredible detailed mids

romain likes this.
  7. romain

romain Member

VHT 2/50/2 for me, great sounding ! (need to tweak the damping parameter)