Atomic Amplifire Tutorial Vids (Request)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by BillHoudini, Mar 11, 2018.

1. BillHoudini

BillHoudini Member

Since the product is taking off on the market with people buying it in it's various formats (Firebox, 3, 6, 12), I think it's time that the company gets in touch with some YouTubers in order to make pro quality tutorial vids about the Atomic products.

Don't get me wrong, this piece of gear is probably the best and most convinient I've ever had, coming here after owning a Marshall JVM and an Axe Fx Ultra. The thing is that Internet lacks quality content in terms of tutorials around it.

Someone would suggest me downloading or purchasing presets, but I don't want to. I want to learn how to dial in tones myself. I already have plenty of great IRs from various companies, what I really need -and I'm sure many people need too- are a few good videos about each amp, boost, EQ use, modulation, etc.

Many people have done it for Fractal products, Line 6 products, Kemper... I think it's time for the Atomic as well.

Madmax, Jace Nuzback, Andy and 9 others like this.
  2. Kyle

Kyle Active Member

ya man. its a good product but Atomic's internet presence knob is on zero. lol

3. BillHoudini

BillHoudini Member

I agree. This has to change. When I went from Fractal to Atomic, all my guitar pals were totally unaware of the product. When they heard it they were shocked. Everyone told me "how something this good is this unknown?".

It can hold it's own against any modeler/profiler out there, but very few know it. I hope that changes soon. The community is small, the contribution in tutorials-presets-guides is small and that hurts Atomic more than us.

4. NelsonP

NelsonP Well-Known Member

5. BillHoudini

BillHoudini Member

Thanks a lot Nelson, I'll check them out right away! My Strat tones are very nice, better than I ever had. The problem is with my LP and the high gain stuff. I'll get back to it after changing the bridge pickup and reading those guides.

6. NelsonP

NelsonP Well-Known Member

For high gain I like the hot Britt, hot rod Brit and Friedman presets. Give them a try.

Have you downloaded the singtall and amp factory presets from the atomic site yet? The singtall ones are very good, at least to my ears, and give you a good place to start from

7. BillHoudini

BillHoudini Member

I got my Amplifire second hand and the previous owner had the singtall presets. I wanted something a bit more straightforward, I can't replicate his EQ use yet.

8. Vicus

Vicus Active Member

I'm personally completely lost in the delay settings. I am able to create an Edge-style dotted-eights delay easily with any device/software, but here I am lost, oh so lost.