Atomic Update - AmpliFIRE & Ampli-Firebox

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Atomic Amps, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Atomic Amps

Atomic Amps Administrator Staff Member

First, for those wondering, we're still developing for the AmpliFIRE platform. There will be future updates. We've never said otherwise and although it's been a few months, we've really transformed the products through free firmware updates for the last 3 years.

We've been slammed staffing up and training new employees as well as finishing up a couple of huge projects. We are looking forward to getting back to the adding of features and functionality and being more involved in the community again.

Other than that, everything is going quite well at Atomic. Sales are at an all-time high and we're in the final stage of beta testing our new ticket-based support system. Outside of that, we've been communicating regularly with our customers every day.

In fact, we've been working especially hard adding some REALLY cool firmware-based enhancements to Ampli-Firebox that have pushed back the launch date. This comes as a direct result of listening carefully to customers and potential customers here on the forums and elsewhere.

We haven't wanted to mention what these features are or when the pedals (which are already manufactured) will start shipping because we weren't even 100% sure that we squeeze it all in. We now are, however, in an advanced beta of those features and things are looking very good.

All I can say at this point is that we're coming down the stretch and it won't be long now.

Thanks everyone for all the support and patience. It'll be worth it.

-TK

2. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will gain some insight and reassurance from your comments. I know I found them helpful. Looking forward to what comes next!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. mollydyer

mollydyer Well-Known Member

@Anthony Newcomb Insights? They're going to infer that Tom has been replaced by a clone from the future created by The Lizard People in an attempt to alter the course of history.. and that the company went bankrupt 20 years ago, was acquired by the KGB and is now a front for selling illegal laundry supplies and gerbil food.

@Atomic Amps Can't wait to see what y'all do next. :D

Anthony Newcomb likes this.
  4. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Well-Known Member

Wow....ok...haha

5. gluve95

gluve95 Active Member

Thanks for getting on here and up dating us TK. I'm sure it will make a lot of Atomic owners feel better. Would love to see you on here maybe one a week. If for nothing else just to say hi and let us know everything is good. Maybe even start an ask Tom thread. That we could ask questions through the week. And then you have a set day each week we know you'll answer some of the questions. Thanks again really love my AF12.

6. NelsonP

NelsonP Well-Known Member

Fabulous news. Onwards and upwards!

7. Kris Mark Randall

Kris Mark Randall New Member

Great news Tom, looking forward to future of Atomic.

8. Markus

Markus Member

So basically no real update on when the AF box will be released...

9. Jace Nuzback

Jace Nuzback New Member

10. Kent Langdon

Kent Langdon New Member

3D CAD/Data Modeller
    Home Page:
    Excellent update; thanks for the news Tom! And keep up the good work Marc, really looking forward to experiencing your wizardry.

11. matticus

matticus Member

I'm looking forward to it. The box is what I've always wanted in a modeler. Just the amp modeler. But I do admit that getting in over my head and really diving way down into the AF3 produced some really cool delays and other effects that I've been able to share here, and really up'ed my tone game by forcing me to pay attention to every detail.

If you need another beta tester, I'd be happy to do help.

Wyatt McConnell likes this.
  12. bigbadoange

bigbadoange Active Member

Great news. My gig board is AA3 based and my intention since day one was to stick a firebox on there with an a/b switch in case I ever have a failure. I always bring two heads to gigs, so I will be mimicing that. Plus the firebox could be backup for the other guitarists head as well. Interest is really increased as to what the new features you are trying to stuff into the software. I know it will be great and a great seller.

vorz likes this.
  13. dxtrinc

dxtrinc Well-Known Member

Great to hear! Used my amplifire all week at a gig. My tone was great as usual, and blew the tube amp beside me out of the water. I am glad to hear everything is good to go!

14. Ron Vasquez

Ron Vasquez Active Member

So basically you just joined this forum to rag on Atomic. Seriously, 8 posts and every single one is a complaint. You don't work for Line 6 do you?

bioboy and mollydyer like this.
  15. Andrei

Andrei Active Member

Really nice, although 0 concrete information and mostly PR text, but it's cool. We wanted an answer so anything is better than silence, so thank you! I am, though, honestly eager to see these words come alive.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Leperclown likes this.
  16. aleclee

aleclee Forum Tech Wrangler Staff Member

IT
    To be fair, IME Line 6 fanboys (and employees) are a generally cool bunch. Much more live and let live than followers of some other brands, who are more akin to religious zealots.

Ron Vasquez, Madmax and matticus like this.
  17. Meiannatee

Meiannatee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post TK! Good to know that the company is still doing good. I'm also happy to volunteer for beta testing.

18. Markus

Markus Member

My story is similar to many potential customers who mostly gave up on Atomic. I had a great pre-amp that was the centre of my pedal board. I sold it in anticipation of the AFB (release date was supposed to be March). I then realized the product was not going to be ready and frustration mounted. Nothing explained. No updates for months. Then 1 post saying its coming out soon. And now this post few months later after several other people raised concerns about other issues. (And yes they all work for Line 6).

The thing is, the issues aren't magically fixed by that 1 post Atomic finally gave. As mentioned above, the response was purely PR and late at that. There is still no actual release date for the AFB. The product is still not listed on the Atomic site. There is still minimal interaction from Atomic here, FB and other forums. Perhaps I will check back in another 4 months to see if AFB ever got released, until then, I am out.

Leperclown likes this.
  19. FullHouse

FullHouse Active Member

Hi Markus, I understand your frustration, but clearly Atomic are not yet ready to release the AFB. We need to respect TK's right to decide when to release new gear and software updates and trust that it will be as soon as it is right to do so.

This might seem a bit hard, but you chose to sell your preamp on the basis of an 'expected' release date for the AFB. This was your decision alone and you need to stop trying to make out this is Atomic's problem. I have an AA3, which I love; but I don't have any expectation on updates. Don't get me wrong, they are nice to have but I don't expect TK to be giving me blow by blow updates on what Atomic are planning, that info is commercially sensitive and I would prefer the team to be focussed on delivering it rather than getting dragged into every thread on the forum. FullHouse

Ron Vasquez and Jace Nuzback like this.
  20. Kent Langdon

Kent Langdon New Member

3D CAD/Data Modeller
    Home Page:
    I'm in a similar boat, in that I took a punt on the AFB being released roughly in the timeframe mentioned at Winter Namm and sold my AA3 prior, wanting it to retain as much value before the newer and cheaper product was released. (ie, you get a whole bunch of people thinking, like me, to trade down and the used value may take a temporary hit as people react...) Anyway.

That's my decision and my consequences. I'm happy to carry that decision. Atomic are acting in everyone's best interest to hold back the release of a product until it's good and ready. The expectation on this is pretty high (at least, amongst those like us who are fans of the AA3/12) but it is also coming into a very competitive, and vocal marketplace. You want to get it right and hit the ground running.

I for one really appreciate even the modicum of access (FB, forums, etc) we might get to the people actually making the product. Seeing the owners/designers/developers dealing directly with the public, and retailers, is pretty cool in this multi-corporate age. You don't get that with Fender or Marshall or Line 6 or ....

So you probably get my point. Given they are smaller nature of the company and the massive growth they have talked about... they deserve some grace and much respect, speaking as an owner of a (very) small business myself...

Still, that doesn't mean I'm not hanging out for the AFB - while I might have a lovely little tube amp in the closet, 3 young kids means I'm mostly headphone bound and I have been hanging out to play some guitar for a while now. Software instruments and keyboards might have 000's of presets to keep me busy, but there's nothing like a Strat through a Bassman. My preferred Bassman was in a little red box so...

Bring on the AFB!