Attaching an Ampli-Firebox to a Pedaltrain Board?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mtmartin71, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Mtmartin71

Mtmartin71 New Member

How are you guys doing it? Unfortunately, it looks like the bottom plate of the AFB has glued on foam padding. One thing I could do is buy a replacement plate for the bottom without foam, but not sure if that is even and option. My worry is if I try to put velcro on the bottom, it will rip the foam off in chuncks when it's time to remove. I don't know that zip ties are that great either. The front of the AFB is busy so going vertically, there isn't a slot that doesn't have a knob or dip switch in the way. I saw a thread with others fastened to boards, apparently. How are you guys doing it?

2. drop the sun

drop the sun Well-Known Member

Best way is to take the foam padding off. Velcro/Dual Lock won't stay on the Foam. Then use Velcro or 3M Dual Lock (i highly prefer the Dual Lock myself).

I managed to get the Foam Off in one peace. Take your time and don't rush.

3. Mtmartin71

Mtmartin71 New Member

Thanks! Actually, it came off in one piece very easily. They had the foresight to not use the glue I'm used to. It's more of an adhesive sticker. I'm betting the person who had it before me removed it as well because it came right off without much fuss. Problem solved! Now on to figuring out how to get the most of this box.

4. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

I put low residue duct tape on the bottom of my AA12. Then put velcro strips on that and supplemented it with some bits of dual lock around the edges. The foam padding stops about half an inch from the edge so there is plenty of room to place the dual lock.

So far so good and it's been a few months.

5. Naigewron

Naigewron Active Member

Dad, boyfriend, musician, nerd
    I tore the foam padding off and attached it with velcro. Has never given me the slightest issue.

I wish all pedal manufacturers would pack foam backings, rubber feet, and such separately. Most of us attach our pedals to boards, so we don't need those at all.

Filipe M. likes this.
  6. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Active Member

I did the same thing, removed the foam padding and installed velcro. If there is any sticky stuff left it is easily removed with naptha (lighter fluid).

7. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

I usually warm the pads on pedals with a hair dryer then they come off easily and don't leave any sticky residue.