Can I share a couple of IRs I'm playing with?

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by JoeInOttawa, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Well-Known Member

Three IRs taken directly in the center of the speakers using a mid-grade Audio Technica large diaphragm mic.

Fang = 2010 Eminence Red Fang Alnico 10". It's a bit honky/scooped, but I'm using it with a Blackface Deluxe, and I like it. It's a bit more subtle than the matched cab.

G12M55 = 1976 Celestion G12M with the 55Hz "bass" cone (just like JImi used to like). Love this with classic-style high gain (in my case, a Rumble Brite), because it hangs together throughout the frequency range and has some bite, but it's not ear-shreddy.

G12M75 = 1972 Celestion G12M with the more common/popular 75Hz "lead" cone. A bit more top end than the 55, and works really well for me with crunch to moderate gain, because the extra top end and harmonics gives you that extra bit of crunch without getting too harsh. I've got it paired with a Plexi and screamer, both with gain around half.

Gold = 2014 Celestion Gold 12". Haven't found a home for this one yet, but it has a very classic Celestion Alnico honk. If I used more Voxes, it might bet the ticket.

Okay, flame away: Whaddya think?

Joe

Attached Files:

guarjol and Vicus like this.
  2. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Well-Known Member

Cool! IlI' try them later for sure! Ya know I'm an IR addict!

3. Clint Martin

Very nice Joel! I'm surprised these turned out so well. They are about 10db lower than my others, but they sound good, and it's easy to turn things up a bit. Great job!

4. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Well-Known Member

Knowing you're more of an '80s rock guy. are any of them suitable for what you're doing? Just curious.

I'm a actually pretty happy with them, too, but I found the Fang is a bit, umm, just not there in a band situation. I am using the Green and Black for a couple of things.

Joe

5. Clint Martin

The G12M-55 works best for me.