Can't discard changes and move to different preset in editor

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Ronwell, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Ronwell

Ronwell Member

Many times after changing preset in editor (4.0.1.3) I decide to move to another preset. Editor asks if I want to save or discard my changes. I decide to discard, but it doesn't move to the other preset. I get in this loop of:

- 1. select other preset
    - save/discard prompt
    - choose discard
    - still on original preset
    - goto 1.

2. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Well-Known Member

That seems odd. Mine does go to the next selected preset after choosing to discard changes on the preset I was on.

3. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Well-Known Member

The editor has a number of bugs on my end. Change a block setting in one patch; it changes it in another. Not global blocks either; ones that should be on a per preset basis. Slow to change from preset to preset in the editor as well.

I have a longer usb cable that might be causing issues yet that same cable works fine on my other hardware so who knows.

4. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Well-Known Member

I'm using a long USB cable that's about 15'. Do you have another cable you can try?

5. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Well-Known Member

I do; @MJ Slaughter I am mainly just so excited with the sounds I am getting and any sort of tech related oddities just distract me too much from the tonal goodness :D I work all day long with tech so when I come home; my mind is numb and all I want to do is blast some riffage without any sort headaches. Other than the kind you get from playing too loud :eek:

loremipsum likes this.