Channel Switching lag

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Jordan, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Member

I have my AA3 set up so the first switch is configured A/B setting. However there is a jarring lag between switching channels. Is this something most users just widely accept? My band has songs where we go from clean - distortion pretty quickly and when I switch there's quite the lag... Was wondering if i'm doing something wrong or this is just how it is for now?

2. Jace Nuzback

Jace Nuzback Member

That's not normal. Are you having any other issues? Any chance your power supply is under 9V or over 12V or not supplying 1A? Do you have any MIDI info coming to the MIDI IN jack? Are you connected to the computer via USB when this happens? If so, does it act the same when it's not?

3. Jordan

Jordan Member

the power supply is 9v. It's the one that came with the Amplifire unit. I'll post a clip of it in a minute. And i'm not using MIDI at all at the moment. It's going into the line in of my Line 6 Toneport UX2. It also happens when I plug it directly into my powered PA speaker.

4. Jordan

Jordan Member

This is what it's doing when I switch channels

5. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Well-Known Member

Is there a compressor on one of the presets and not the other? I haven't listened to the clippage but I had an oddball switching problem where removing the compressor on the one preset did the trick.

6. Jordan

Jordan Member

Compressor is bypassed on both amps.