Clean Fender twin

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by miko, Feb 9, 2017.

1. DeSelby

DeSelby Member

Good work and many thanks to you. I really hope Atomic will allow for block saving and import. It would really raise the bar.

2. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

Here's the preset I made with the amp settings above, Reverb added and using the Singtall Warm cab. I also assigned a TS Boost to one of the footswitches like I always do, and a Delay to another, but both are Bypassed as default.

I had real Fender Twin Reverb BF 65' Reissue for a number of years up until recently, which I sold when I got the AF, and then used some of the money from to buy an Alto FRFR. I would have kept it if I could (And still have a few tube amps that I sometimes use with the AF) as I love tube amps still but the Twin was just way too bulky, more horsepower than I need and was having some electrical issues, which I had to fix before I sold it. It was one of the early reissues that were released in the 1990's. I was warned by the tech that the newer Twins that use the PCM boards are costly to maintain as they get old since they are a bit difficult to work on so I decided to cut my losses.

I just remember what I loved most about it was that really warm full sound and I think the Singtall cab really helps that. My other favorite Twin patch is the one Singtall created himself and sells in his preset pack.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Imerkat and guarjol like this.
  3. matticus

matticus Active Member

Yeah, I just wish I knew which one it was. The preset doesn't really say which mic it is. Same with the others that were included.

4. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

This seems to be a common issue with third party cabs and their naming conventions. Wish all the companies would come up with a standard naming system.

Madmax likes this.
  5. Ziggybumwah

Ziggybumwah Well-Known Member

That's nice! Wasn't working for me initially until I disabled the loop. I like that reverb a lot. I was able to copy it to a few other presets.

6. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

Sorry about that - I have another Delay and Reverb pedal in the efx loop, so I always have it on in my patches. If you don't use a loop in your setup, I can see how that could be an issue and cause it to not work - HaHa.

7. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Senior Member

I need to try a few of the presets you guys are making. I was a Twin owner for 30 years before I got the modeling bug.
    I 've had the best luck using the Deluxe and Ownhammer DLX IRs to get what I remember of that tone.
    I had a Twin Reverb II which was Rivera's last Fender model...so it may not be a traditional Twin tone.

8. matticus

matticus Active Member

It's mostly an issue with Amplifire too, because when you load the IR -- either into your cabinets or into the cab slot in a preset -- it auto-loads the name up to the character limit. So, based on the typical naming conventions, yes, you end up missing the mic, position, etc. at the end of the file. That's fine, but if someone doesn't edit that, then you only know they've used, say, an Ownhammer cab but don't know every detail about it.

It's even worse on the Amplifire itself because there aren't as many characters. It would be great if the screen would scroll. That way you could see more of the name.

Madmax and Clint Martin like this.
  9. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

I know the AF is weird about the name limitation, but I would be happy with a better naming standard for the raw files even. Because the AF sucks for preset management I keep alot of my presets and cabs offline on my PC, backed up in the cloud, for better organization.