David Gilmour Tone search

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Dayron, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Dayron

Dayron Member

Greetings all,

I'm a fairly new user of the amplire 12, and altho there are some really nice tones in it, i have some troubles finding
    the right tones that i like, and would comonly use.

I'm using the Michael Britt presets, so any of the cabs i can use if needed, but other recommendations are welcome.
    I'm using the Fender Special Edition Black Strat made in Mexico with original pickups into a Babyface pro out to JBL LSR 305,'s.

Anyone willing to share their presets?

Comfortably Numb
    The Wall pt1 / 2
    Shine on you crazy diamond

Thanks in advance!

Dayron

brmc72 likes this.
  2. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

You should buy Fremen's preset pack, as he has done Pink Floyd tribute projects and has some Floyd presets in his Amplifire pack, along with other great presets. If you are new to digital modeling, as he is one of the top pro preset makers for the Atomic, FA, and Line6 Helix units:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Dayron

Dayron Member

I did buy the Fremen preset pack, really liking most of the presets thank you. Miles ahead of standard presets included.
    There is a preset for the wall (intro) and comfortably numb (solo) wich is pretty impressive and loving it.
    Pitty that all the presets have generic names, it's difficult to know what you really are playing. But loving it so far. Thx for the info

4. Leonard Bennett

Leonard Bennett Active Member

Can you tell me please if Fremans presets are in fact working ok in our current 4.0 firmware? I have not bought them yet as I have read that for some uploading any patches that are older than our current firmware do not sound right? Freman is the best!! and have been wanting to pull the trigger but if they are not going to sound as they should I will wait? Freman did email me awhile back as I saked and he said that at some point he planned on updating.

5. Dayron

Dayron Member

Every preset is working without any problem that i can see right off the bat. They have been updated till firmware 3.0 as a i can see it.