Disable Power Amp on selected outputs

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Madmax, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Madmax

Madmax Well-Known Member

I konw the Power Amp disable has been mentioned in a lot of wishes, such as on a per preset basis, but I would just like to disable the Power Amp ALONG with the Cabs on my outputs, so that I can achieve a good amplification through a Tube power amp (by disabling Cab+PowerAmp on one set of outputs while sending the other outs to the FOH WITH PowerAmp+Cabs).

As it is now, the Cab disabled output doesn't really play nice with a tube poweramp - IMO/IME.

2. dbagchee

dbagchee Well-Known Member

I second this idea!

3. romain

romain Member

Hi,
    I'm new into the Amplifire world, and I was about to make my first wish by asking the same exact thing !

It would be great to disable the PA emulation on the main outputs, as we can do with the cab section.
    I like this emulation, but only in my headphones, I don' need it when I plug the AF into my real tube PA.

Is it possible to have this option in a future firmware ?

dheran likes this.
  4. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

5. romain

romain Member

Well, I'm still digging into this marvelous device. I found that for some amps like the rumble and bassman, power amp emulation is really nice in combination with a real tube amp. I just have to tweak the damping parameter.
    So maybe i'll rephrase my wish :)
    Maybe the power amp emulation should be a option we can set on or off into a preset.
    What do you think, people ?

wazzakebnezza and Madmax like this.
  6. Ioannes

Ioannes Member

I would prefere to DISABLE / ENABLE on the outputs directly ( I mean power amp emulation + IR (cab)).

7. Swmorgan77

Swmorgan77 Active Member

+1 for this. I've found that having the AA6's power amp emulation disabled *HUGELY* improves the sound from the mains to my own power amp and cab. But since it's a global setting for ALL outputs, I lose the ability to also run direct with both power amp and cab emulation to the AUX outs. It should have the option to be enabled in AUX just like the cabinet emulation does. Seems like a huge oversight here, since they clearly intended the unit to have simultaneous direct and amp output capability.

I'd prefer that to a setting within the preset (or both).

Madmax likes this.
  8. Swmorgan77

Swmorgan77 Active Member

I'd still prefer it as an output-specific change, like with cabinets so I can run to FOH at the same time as powering a cab.

Madmax likes this.