do the product developers watch this forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by slateboy, Jan 11, 2017.

1. slateboy

slateboy Senior Member

Home Page:
    really pleased we now have this forum up and running- finally, one central place to share and discuss all.
    hopefully the other amplifire conversations across the web will migrate to ^here^, the official forum as time goes on.

so, do the development team watch here for bugs and ideas or is it better to submit bugs directly?
    i guess responses to this thread will reveal the answer.

not a dig or a moan, just curious who's reading...

2. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

Curious as well. Don't see them ever responding to these bug and support questions. You would think they would monitor it as its a central place and considering some of the issues people have had with the email support system.

I can understand that in this day and age there are so many avenues to monitor (outside forums, Facebook etc), but this should be the main avenue now since it is company sponsored.

3. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Well-Known Member

Don't worry, somebody is watching.

[​IMG]

fearuvthedark and Matty like this.
  4. Meiannatee

Meiannatee Well-Known Member

They seem to be more active on Facebook and other forums like TGP.

A possible theory:
    Facebook and "outside forums" are more public, in that they are more likely to get viewed by people who do not own Atomic products yet. So posts there have a more direct impact on sales.

To isolate the complaints of the owners of their products so that they become less visible to "outsiders", they created this forum to isolate us from would-be first-time buyers.

But I'm sure Atomic and SD would never do that ;)

5. bioboy

bioboy Well-Known Member

working dead...
    they shared the firmware beta update here and in that time I felt that we here were on "The Official Forum"... hope this never change...:D:D:D

6. slateboy

slateboy Senior Member

Home Page:
    I'm guessing the developers is a small team of a few people who probably dont have time to acknowledge or respond to most posts in this forum.
    I'd certainly rather them spend their time developing the products.
    However, it would be worth 'popping in now and then' making their presence known to deter "us" from having a rant about bugs and issues on other forums and social networks, which in turn, could expose the issues to a wider audience and present an outlet for further frustration from anyone feeling they are being ignored.
    Or maybe i got it wrong, perhaps the ' bug reporting section' is just another discussion amongst users? (a bit like the rhetoric i've put here)

UnnoTed likes this.