Editor for android and ipad

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by DustinKay, Oct 9, 2017.

1. DustinKay

DustinKay Member

I would really love if there was a way to connect my amplifire to my android device. I understand it's not wireless but there is a cable for everything. Having this on stage or on the go would be super convenient and allow me to keep my laptop safe at home where it belongs.

guarjol likes this.
  2. Jonathan P.Aran

Jonathan P.Aran Member

i would give this the thumbs up for sure. But knowing anything with apple and ipad when hooking up the cable...most of the time you would see on the screen saying "device needs too much power" or something like that.

3. CKDexterHaven

CKDexterHaven Member

I would also love an iPad editor. Not having one is what kept me from buying the Amplifire for a year before i finally relented, but only with the unfortunate intention of buying a Windows (ack!) tablet just to run the app. I found this threat essentially as a last ditch effort to find another way, before i spend money on a crappy device i'll only use for this one purpose. Maybe i'll keep it in the bathroom, for Spider Solitaire.... Either way, it's $150 i'd rather not have to spend. Seems silly, to have a primitive device interface and not augment it with simple software. I don't even care that it can't be bluetooth or wifi-operated. I have the Apple Camera Adapter already. A simple USB connection would be fine, and would bring the AA3/12 so much closer to the Helix for usability.

Jonathan — what devices have needed more power with your iPad? Which generation iPad? I think there is an adapter (split?) for the iPad that lets it connect via USB AND accept a cable for power, if that's the issue.

4. Jonathan P.Aran

Jonathan P.Aran Member

Connecting just a usb drive will get that notice. im on the ipad mini 2. Unless u have a usb hub thats powered by another adapter then it would help. Wish the AA3 had bluetooth connectivity like the H9. Just a hassle tweaking on a Mac. Especially the delays!