Flanger and Phaser settings?

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Clint Martin, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Senior Member

Anyone got some good settings for these? I'm pretty happy with everything else I've dialed in, but I haven't owned either of these in several years.

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Clint Martin likes this.
  3. Clint Martin

Yeah he has a Andy Summers Flanger, but it doesn't really seem to do anything?

4. BONES

BONES New Member

Its taken me quite a while to get my head around the Atomic approach to effects. I think Matticus set me on the right track when he talks about trying to look up the original specs of the pedals you might be trying to emulate. Amplifire gives so much fine control over so many more parameters than you would usually get access to, you need a basic layout to get started - even if its just to figure out which controls to leave alone!

I know Matticus already put up a great MXR Phase 90 setting, but it was a little too subtle for me. I looked up the specs and the original has 4 stage phasing offset at 45 degrees each (I think Matticus had it at 2 stage?) - so I changed it up to 4 and set the offsets and ... yeah...works a treat.

So maybe try and get more detailed info on the flangers/phaser you are trying to emulate. The Amplifier has the controls to do most anything...just a bit too much tbh.

Clint Martin and Johannkleen like this.
  5. Clint Martin

I do like the Atomic approach. Instead of modeling specific pedals, I like having effect toolboxes that let us create are own thing.
    I've never used a flanger or phaser much over the years however. So I wouldn't mind trying out some of the settings others have.

6. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

My phaser settings all use either 4 or 6 phases. Don't remember setting them up that way though so I guess I probably pulled them from here somehow.

I'll try to post something here when I get a chance.

EDIT: Just re-read that and it sounds like something from Star Trek, "Set your phasers to stun gentlemen".