Freak Clip Event!

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Leonard Bennett, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Leonard Bennett

Leonard Bennett Active Member

Hey guys, Ok so I have had not one issue with my Amp 12 in the 4 months I have had it. But today when turning it on I notice that over half of my factory presets and about 75% of my uploaded patches are waaaay louder than I had them and the dreaded Clipping error shows in the window? I am a guy who does NOT! mess with the factory presets and I for the most part, upload patches from like Singtal or Freeman and don't really alter them at all? So I have read that a lot of us are having issues with volume drops, and or clipping? I have the latest firmware as when I got it, I have have NOT! messed with any Global settings? I never have even started leveling any volumes to make them all the same yet so what gives? With many complaints now with these units I am starting to panic a bit? I am not playing live at the moment but will be in the near future and I do NOT! want this to be a problem? As I said, I have been jamming with it for awhile and have never had any issues with it until now? I know there is some walking on eggshells tension with customer service and I am now wondering if I should have bought something more stable? Don't get me wrong, I Love this thing! BUT! I can not have a unit that might give me issues while playing live or other wise? and with all of the problems that are starting to out now I'am worried? Should I be? To be honest I have not really changed any settings cause I am worried that I would start having problems but I am now starting to think that there is a problem with the firmware and with other complaints of updates with amps and effects, I am starting to think that the firmware might not be tested 100% or that is not detailed before releasing? I don'y know, I just do know that this is an issue for me and need a unit that solid as you do to play with confidence, not be focused on whether your unit is going to have a moment while on stage? That bothers me? Are any of you guys having or had this problem as well? Right now I am feeling a little nervous!!

2. lespauled

lespauled Well-Known Member

Have you turned the level knob?

3. Leonard Bennett

Leonard Bennett Active Member

No, I leave it at just under half way (most of time) because I practice at my desk with headphones. Played a bit yesterday and what ever reason was back to normal?? Maybe just a fluke thing? I hope!!

Anthony Newcomb likes this.