Fremen Amplifire Presets Pack 2

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Fremen, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:

This new pack has 87 presets, including 52 made with Valhallir cabs ( https://valhallir.at/ ), which are used by many pros. Those presets are based on my Amp Packs, but instead of using my own cabs, they use my custom mixes of cabs made by Valhallir. I use 14 custom mixes of various cabs (one per cab) in all those presets ; some of those custom mixes are also included in the packs sold by Valhallir, and I recommend them ! Included are 12 presets with the Plexi model, 13 with the Arkhan, 3 with the SLO, 3 with the 5051, 3 with the Brit800, 1 with the Deluxe (the only clean sound of the batch, using a Hiwatt cab), 3 with the Freedman, 3 with the Hot Brit, 3 with the Kornfield, 3 with the Marc IV, 3 with the Recto and 2 with the Rumble.

This pack also have 18 presets using the new pitch shifter block (including the lead tones for “Owner of a lonely heart” and “Touching tongues”. AA3 users, beware, the pitch block effect is not available for you, only the Amplifire 6 and 12 has it. Those presets will still work in the original Amplifire (AA3), but without the pitch shifter.

Here’s a demo of the pitch shifter block ; the presets in this pack are refined versions of those :

Also included, a few song specific presets. Three of them (Sultans of Swing, Sweet child O’ Mine, With or without you) are new versions of presets already in my 1st pack. The others are Joe Satriani “Always with me always with you”, Dire Straits “Brothers in arms”, Santana “Europa”, Yes “Owner of a lonely heart”, Steve Vai “Touching tongues”, Pink Floyd “Shine on you crazy diamond”. The 4 “Shine on” presets are a test : I get many requests for a Pink Floyd pack, which is not easy to do with the Amplifire. But if those “Shine on” presets receives positive feedback, I will definitively work on a Pink Floyd pack, like the popular ones I have for other processors – I play in a Pink Floyd Tribute band.

Pack available here :
    https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/amplifire-pack-2/

Mrkiammi and oakcharles19 like this.
  2. oakcharles19

oakcharles19 Active Member

Yes! Love your presets, just bought this pack, can't wait to check it out later! What do you think of the 5051 after the latest firmware upgrade? I wanna try out the 5051 presets included in this pack because I feel like that amp took a hit after the upgrade (I know the model itself was not changed, but it seems the updated algorithm for cabs somehow affected it), the presets I had with that amp just sound thin and lifeless now and I have not had the time to adjust, since I have been messing around with the Freedman, SLO, and Recto, which now sound even better than before and of course the Archan.

Thanks!!

3. flcmcya

flcmcya Senior Member

Nice Demo Bruddah!

4. Troy

Troy New Member

Awesome pack!!!

I have only had time to fly through the presets briefly... I have played most, but not all just to sample them. They all sound great, but I was wondering if you made any presets with the wolverine cab? Maybe I just haven't stumbled on them yet. Either way, job well done!!!

5. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Hi, great work! what do you think are the main missing things to acchive pink floyd tones with AF?
    (Your answer will be my next post in the wishlist section).

Thanks

6. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Thanks again these are fab

7. tpcoderre

tpcoderre Member

Hands down my favourite Vox sounds yet! Lots of great stuff in this pack! Killer harmony lead settings, (and plain killer lead tones when you switch the PITCHSHIFTER block off!), dialled in Floyd stuff, loving this pack!

8. Skullz

Skullz Member

this may be the best pack available for the hard rock/metal guys. outstanding job!

9. dryz

dryz New Member

medical
    sounds great...i have to buy this.. if only i can find a way in this paypal-notworking shitty country...

10. Swmorgan77

Swmorgan77 Active Member

Does your preset pack include the IR's for the presets?

11. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    Yes, they're embedded in the presets

Swmorgan77 likes this.
  12. jet66

jet66 Active Member

I've recently re-entered the modeling world with an AA6. (I owned a variety of Line 6 POD, Flextone, and Vetta II gear in the past.) The Trooper and Owner Of A Lonely Heart presets really interested me, so I bought this pack. Great work on these, lots of really usable stuff right out of the virtual box. I am currently using an SD 170 into an EVH 212 cab loaded with a WGS Veteran 30 and a Celestion G12H30, until I decide which FRFR to go with* and the presets I've used so far w/cabs turned off sound great. I can't believe how well this modern tech tracks and sounds with the detuned patches, it means no need for hauling more than one guitar with a D-Tuna to cover a variety of tunings now. Best $28 and change USD I've spent so far.

*Heavily, heavily leaning towards the Tech 21 PEDD

Fremen likes this.
  13. wolvesandguitars

wolvesandguitars Member

SM FIRE PROTECTION
    WHERES THE SAMPLE PRESET?? IS THERE ONE .I THOUGHT THIS WAS EXCHANGE. ??

14. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    I ALREADY POSTED SAMPLE PRESETS IN ANOTHER THREAD BUT IF YOU DON'T UNLOCK YOUR CAPSLOCK I SWEAR I'M GONNA REMOVE THEM

;)

I guess you belong to a generation for which everything should be free ? :p

viden, DodgeGB and NelsonP like this.
  15. Yetski Man

Yetski Man Member

I got this pack and i love it. :)

Fremen likes this.
  16. wolvesandguitars

wolvesandguitars Member

SM FIRE PROTECTION

17. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    But my presets includes my own custom IRs, which I captured. They're essential for my sounds
    (sorry for the late reply, just found the notification in my spam folder)

JoeInOttawa likes this.
  18. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Senior Member

Is CAPS-LOCK stuck?

He offered up a sample, and you didn't really look for it. It's not his fault you didn't look, and being rude is not an appropriate response.

Being FROM that generation (whichever generation that is) does not make you a card-carrying PART OF that generation. As evidenced by your calling @Fremen out before looking for his free presets. I won't comment on how your unwillingness to turn off CAPS LOCK might also speak to your HARD WORKING BLUE COLLA MOFO-ness.

This is just plain rude. If it's not that big a deal to create presets that work, why do you need @Fremen to provide you with them in the first place? After all, didn't you claim membership in the HARD WORKING BLUE COLLA MOFO generation? A HARD WORKING BLUE COLLA MOFO should recognize the efforts involved in creating good presets. So should someone who is asking where he can get them.

And, for the record, adding a winkie emoji does not make this less rude.

;)

See?

19. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
  20. guitarlava

guitarlava Member

Home Page:

Excuse my ignorance but I'm a bit confused by the presets you sell. Do I need to buy amps from Valhallir as well to use them?