Fremen Amplifire Presets Pack 2

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Fremen, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    Hello, absolutely not, the Valhallir cabs are included in the presets ! They're cabs, not amps, btw...

2. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
  3. Slartibartfarst42

Slartibartfarst42 Well-Known Member

Just bought this pack as it looks very promising, even though I'm happy with the presets I already use. I couldn't resist the Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and harmony options. Unfortunately I'm not back home where my guitars are until the end of January but it gives me something to look forward to :)

4. Slartibartfarst42

Slartibartfarst42 Well-Known Member

I'm now home and I've given these presets a try so I thought I'd provide some feedback - SUPERB!!!

The presets are very good and I made minimal adjustments at most and in many cases, they were fine as they were other than levelling. The real bonus of this pack however is not the presets themselves, it's the IRs that are a key part of the package. I don't think I found an IR I didn't like. On all of my existing presets I have improved them by using my favourite Ownhammer IR but none of these presets use Ownhammer as what is provided is so good. I even transferred a couple of IRs into existing presets and they sounded better.

You get presets that cover a wide range of amps from the Deluxe to a Recto. I wasn't too keen on the Pink Floyd presets but I suspect that is largely due to the fact that I really don't get on with the Top Boost model. Plexi, Brit800, Korn, HotBrit, BE, HBE and Recto models were all a step up from what I had already. It was a bit closer with the 5150 and MKIV models but they were good. The only model I tried where I kept my existing preset was the SLO. I even found a preset for the Rumble Brite that I liked and I usually dislike that model. My main surprise was the Arkan. I've read loads of posts on here where people have raved about this model but I've always found it to be 'meh' at best, regardless of who has given me a preset to try. In this pack I found a few presets using the Arkan model that I really liked and I will certainly use.

I've found this pack to be well worth the money and frankly, it's worth the price for the IRs alone. The last time I bought a pack from Fremen I also bought a pack from Singtall and overall I found Singtall's presets to be better but this pack is miles better than anything else I've tried.

BTW, I am not being paid in any way for this review - it genuinely is very good indeed.

5. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

Just had a look. Discount code no longer working, so looks like I've missed it.

Probably a good thing as I've spent enough on presets and ir's already!

6. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

What are your favorites?

@Fremen do you have a free pack to try?

7. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

Presets - I've only bought the mbritt pack. I liked them initially but ended up with my own ones. The free singtall pack from atomic had some decent stuff in it too.

I had much more luck with IRs. Ownhammer are my favorite, especially the basketweave GNR.

Jem likes this.