Future of Amplifire??

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Pat Brecht, Mar 8, 2021.

1. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

You can still order from Andertons. A little more complicated but quite possible....

Also, I'm sure there is something coming soon. Maybe that will restore your faith?

2. Rayosytruenos

Rayosytruenos Well-Known Member

Guitar
    Very nice people at Andertons. I got my AA6 and four AFB (2 for me, the other 2 for friends) right there.

But I was charged very hard for the € to £ conversion. And now, being out of the EU won't make it better. I'm sorry for Andertons because they are really nice.

Equill and guarjol like this.
  3. powerslave

powerslave Member

This is a kinda desperate video from Andertons tbh, nothing new.
    I can still order from wherever i want. Εven directly from the US , final cost should be the about same .
    Their sales have probably plummeted and many people are preferring Thomann as its not worth to buy from the UK now.

You miss the point.

UK voted to leave the EU in 2016. They had ample time to find a new dealer, and there is no excuse for that.

But a new EU dealer is the least of atomic's problems now. They couldn't be arsed to provide a bug fix firmware for 2+ years, there are many hardware support issues and the atomic fb groups are classified ads marketplace full of people getting rid of their amplifire.

Trying to hype up amplifire owners or potential buyers by saying we are working on "new things" doesnt cut it anymore.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    ConstantinosM likes this.
  4. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

UK voted to leave in 2016, but the trade agreements were left until the very last minute. It was therefore not possible to plan for post-Brexit. This is why it is all such a mess. Businesses like certainty, politicians leave it to the last minute. Doing nothing until there was clarity was the only sensible move for most businesses.

It is certainly the case that there is now more friction between UK and EU, that was inevitable. Thomann and Andertons will probably just take local sales from one another, so I guess it will even itself out. I agree that it does look like Andertons are feeling the pain though, based on that vid.

Tom should probably do a deal with Thomann now, but politics and economics aside, I still think that Atomic are going to positively surprise everyone soon.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  5. Chalky

Chalky Well-Known Member

I have absolute enjoyed my AF12 and AFB and both have been extensively used in battle ... the only beef I have is about the deep edit interface which is just impossible to tweak in battle .. assuming Neural’s Quad Cortex ever gets to market its compactness and intuitive interface surely sets a high bar for guitarists’ expectancy.

I have actually ordered a QC but I would love to know what’s cooking with Amplifier before I have to commit to it!

6. Quadfire

Quadfire Senior Member

It would be smart for Atomic to show a teaser/preview of what might come down the road even if that was 12-18 months out.

Also a quick update to the editor (fix MacOs backup issues) or firmware would be a good show of a pulse.

John Reaume likes this.
  7. John Reaume

John Reaume New Member

There are two primary reasons I've hung in there w/ the AF12 for quite a few years and sold off some of my other modeling gear.

• SIZE - The Amplifire 12 is the perfect size for the stage w/o taking up too much real estate. The 12 foot-switches allow me to access what I've set up for live performances easily. I rarely touch any parameters at a gig other than overall stage volume.
    • Amp Modeling - There's no question that the SD/MG amp modeling is superior to anything in its price range and actually quite a few things above the price range.
    Looking forward to the much anticipated product announcement in the weeks ahead. That would be good timing as live gigs are finally starting to return as we move into a post pandemic scenario.

[WATCHING this thread]

reentune likes this.
  8. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Actual weeks or Atomic weeks ? If the latter, I still have time to grow a beard ;)

9. powerslave

powerslave Member

Reminds me of soontm

Guaranteed between now and the end of time.
    No guarantee that you will live long enough tho.

Larry Largen likes this.
  10. Pat Brecht

Pat Brecht Member

One month! Update should be a doozy!!:D

11. Pat Brecht

Pat Brecht Member

New news Friday?

12. Larry Largen

Larry Largen Well-Known Member

lol, Don't hold your breath.

13. Larry Largen

Larry Largen Well-Known Member

I tried Studio Devils Plugin. It sounds good. There are a handful of amps they could add in a firmware update if they wanted. Here's the link for anyone that wants to try a free demo.
    https://www.studiodevil.com/download/index.php

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Quadfire

Quadfire Senior Member

I suspect if it was that easy it would already have been done.

Moving from a PC plugin to an embedded device can be full of issues related to memory, SHARC DSP versus x86, and assumptions that vary between the code bases.

While I'd like a new amp as a sign of life, I'm more focused on various bugfixes, flexibility improvements, editor fixes and improvements to the quality of the existing sound (drive pedals seem to be the area of improvement for competition). Not going to hold my breath or get upset by a good product being static.