Gig ready preset pack??

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Eugene McCabe, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Eugene McCabe

Eugene McCabe New Member

Hi all, I have a new Amplifire 6 on the way from England and it should arrive on Wednesday I hope.

I am sure the factory presets are very good but I am wondering if I need to purchase some 3rd party developer presets would you recommend? I know there are a few packs out there. I am hoping to get a gig ready pack setup for live use immediately, if there is such a thing!

I will be using the atomic will for my solo performances doing covers, a 'one man' show if you get me. I perform everything from Celtic rock, Lizzy, Cream, Hendrix, J.J. Cale, Beatles, Country, blues, Jazz, Floyd, Dire Straits etc and acoustic tunes, so there is a bit of everything going on. So I may be needing a preset pack with few good starting points if the stock ones leave me looking for something different.

Once I get to know the unit I will create my own presets but I may have to gig at the weekend so would like to try the AA6 live.

I have an AXE FX III, AXE FX 2 XL and had the AX8 I use them when playing with groups going FOH on XLR and going backline with CLR or the Laney FRFR cab. However, I will be using the Atomic straight into the desk.

I have been using an old Roland VS1680 as the mixer for my solo show this past 20 or more years and it has served me well as it has a hard drive and 8 banks of 8 locate buttons I can assign to my backing tracks to for speedy recall. Works great and I have been using it's built in COSM amp sims for electric sounds. In truth I only use 2 presets in it.... one clean on the edge of breakup and a heavier one for more grind. I just adjust the guitar volume to alter the grit and solo and apply reverb and delay as required from the electric guitar's channel on the mixer. It has worked great but I just want to expand the sounds a bit. So I went for the Atomic 6 as it is small and handy.

Anyway I will do more research and see. I have been reading a post by 'Clint' and if you are reading this Clint my workflow would be similar to yours in that I use a common preset chain and just swap out the amp and cab sims, balance the preset volume and job done.

Thanks in advance for reply, all advice welcome :)

2. Eugene McCabe

Eugene McCabe New Member

Few typos there but I can't edit for some reason, error message coming up.

3. Eugene McCabe

Eugene McCabe New Member

I can't edit the post, 'thread not found' it says on one browser and some other error on Safari.
    I forgot to say:

I have several guitars some with single coils, some with humbuckers, some with P90s, some with Filtertron types and others with a mix. I use a lot of Reverend guitars lately both solid and semi-solid types and find their 'bass roll off' way better than coil tapping or splitting. I have a special pedal to beef single coils more like HBs and the reverse is also possible too. But I was wondering is there an input attenuator or some such input gain setting for adjusting the input gain on the AA6 while using different guitars or better still can this be saved on a 'per preset' basis so I can setup a Marshall sound for the strat and a different one for the Les Paul etc? Thanks

4. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Best solution I found for attenuating the input was to place the volume block in the pre position. And yes you can set that per preset.