HBE Rhythm, HBE Lead, Piezo Clean

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Ryan W, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Ryan W

Ryan W Member

I have been using a Headrush FRFR 12 inch cab for 2 weeks now. I have dialed a few tones that sound pretty good through it. Im using a Schecter sls dual humbucker guitar with EMG 57/66 pickups. When I download other peoples patches most of them sound thin to my ears. I would appreciate feedback on whether or not you think these patches have to much air or low end to them.

Attached Files:

DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  2. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Well-Known Member

From what I understand any preset that is made includes the chosen output and the guitar as part of its recipe. So any shared preset will sound different for all of us unless we are using the same exact output and guitar the preset maker used. That is why it is nice to know what was used in the making of the preset.

If I tell you that when I load your presets and play them through my Alto ZMX-122FX mixer into a QSC K10 using my P90 guitar made of swamp ash with a maple neck, I don't think it will be meaningful. I have some presets that I've purchased and have had to EQ them to get them to sound good with my gear. I've also had to EQ presets for the different speakers I use.

I'm thinking if the other people's presets sound thin it is just a result of their recipe and you have to make adjustments for it to fit your equipment. If you are thinking that you shouldn't have to make that much adjustment you may be wrong. I've purchased some presets and some I can't even use, but others sounded close and with a little EQ or other adjustments sound just right. Also if the presets were made to cut through a band mix they might sound thinner than if it was for just jamming in your home.