Hi there,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Valhallir, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Valhallir

Valhallir Member

I just wanted to say hi to the people here. I'm Andy from Austria, and tomorrow I'm getting an AA3 in good working condition. As I'm a Fractal guy since 2011 (AxeFx2XL is my main rig) , I'm looking forward to the AA3 as my home rig and B-rig.
    When I'm not working on grafical stuff or on creating IRs, I sing and play guitar in my band Chaos Inside, we do some kind of Progressive Metal (no rhythm calculator or berkeley degree needed :) www.chaosinside.at

The first contact with atomic was the clean sound of the firebox that really sounded phantastic over my DIY GFR Cab. As clean sounds always were my weak point, I really was shocked about the fast approaching of a good one with few moves....Really looking forward to the Highgain section.

As someone, whose favorite amps in real life are Engl Savages and the Marshall JMP-1 Preamp, I'm very curious, which models in the AA3 will work with my 7string bariton Ibbies.

So, see ya, people

Andy

Metropolis likes this.
  2. Metropolis

Metropolis Member

Hi Andy! I love the IR's you're producing, I made a multi mic mix with Redwirez MixIR2 using SM57 & C414 mics from your Mesa Boogie V30UK pack, and it brought the Amplifire 3 of mine to another level.

5150 model is my favorite for hi-gain, Recto and MarkIV work pretty well for Mesa type of tones, I also like the Friedman HBE.

Valhallir likes this.
  3. Valhallir

Valhallir Member

Nice to hear that, when people love my IRs. My favorite mikes are the SM7-B's and the sE4400's. Those 2 mikes are always the first ones, when I start.

After noodling around with the Amplifire3 for one hour, I found the 5150 very nice to play. Even the Recto was pretty interesting (In real life I don't like Rectos at all)
    I will take the time in the next days to install my personal selection of Valhallir.at-cabs. Is there a way to install more IRs at once?

I think I will also take a closer look into the REdwirez MIxIR app, as I usually mix my Fractal-stuff with Cablab.