LED Colour Change for Offset Mode Switches

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by JoeInOttawa, Apr 9, 2018.

1. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Active Member

I am using the Offset 1/6, 2/7, etc. pedal mode on my AA3/6, but, short of bending over to read the tiny little LCD screen, there is no way to know which preset (1 or 6, 2 or 7...) I'm in. If the LEDs changed colour to reflect which preset is loaded, it would be so much easier to now what's going on at my feet. So my request:

Please implement Offset 1/6, 2/7, etc with corresponding Amber/Red LED colour changes.

The same logic can be applied to Offset 1/11 mode.

So, setting a switch mode to Offset 1/6 also sets the LED to mode Amber/Red. It already works this way if you universally assign a switch to A/B, so why not Offset modes too.

Joe

2. JoeInOttawa

Alternatively, I'd be happy with the ability to assign LED colours in the software.

3. JoeInOttawa

OR!

If we could globally assign "Presets numbered x0-x4 = RED, Presets numbered x5-x9 - Amber," that would work too.

The goal here is to make the virtual banks of switches created by the offset mode easy to navigate at a glance.

For those that don't know. putting your switches into offset (1/6, 2/7, etc.) mode enables you to create two virtual sets of switches out of a single set. Let's say you have an AA3. If all three switches are set to offset mode, you end up with two virtual rows of three switches without having to change banks. Hitting any switch on the row twice swaps all the buttons into the other virtual bank of buttons. So if the first switch is Preset 10, then the next two are 11 and 12. If you hit the (let's say) the first switch twice, you get Preset 10 (first press) and then preset 16 (second press). Pressing SW-1 once (Preset 10) means the other switches are also in the first virtual row of switches (assigned to P11 and P12); pressing it a second time calls Preset 16 and the other switches jump to the second row of virtual switches (assigned to P17 and P18).

It's a really cool feature that lets you do some very clever switching with only three switches. But there is no way to tell at a glance which virtual bank of switches is active. So, if we could globally assign all x0 - x4 presets a red LED and all x5 - x9 an amber LED, it would be easy to tell what virtual bank you're in, because all of the LEDs would change colour.

If you wanted to take that a step further, you could have three modes to support all the pedals:
    1. Hi/Lo mode (0-4 = red, 5-9 = amber)
    2. Even/Odd mode (all even sets of patches are red, all odds are amber, e.g., 10-19 = amber, 20-29 = red) to support the Offset 10 mode)
    3. Off mode (works as it does now)
    That seems like a simple way to do this with minimal programing in the back end.

Thoughts?

Joe