Live Use

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Mike Yancharas, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Mike Yancharas

Mike Yancharas New Member

Is anyone using their AA12 live in small clubs? All the presets, preloaded and on here seem to be for recording. Too thin and drenched in effects for live use. Right now I'm using it into a Mesa TA15 but will be going direct to PA soon. Does anybody have any god presets they can share for live use?

2. flcmcya

flcmcya Well-Known Member

I take them and back off some of the effects and they are pretty good.

Since the latest update everything seems a little livelier so to speak and some of my old presets required some adjustment as well.
    The Arkhan that Jace posted sounded pretty sweet with minimal tweaking.

3. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Second that, Had to seriously dial back the reverb on all my presets after the last update (-15dB and a little less decay).

4. Apofire

Apofire Member

I've been using mine live for a year or so now and love it. The sound guy like the consistency too. I agree that most of the factory presets aren't usable for me and I've purchased and down loaded MANY presets from other users and don't like many of them. I've found that it was easier for me to just start from scratch and build the presets myself. Everyone gear is a little different and can effect the sound. The presets Jace recently sent out are the most usable (For ME) that I've found so far but they still need a little tweaking for my rig. It can take a little time to dial in a great tone but its so worth it.

5. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Trick for me is getting things loud enough at home to dial everything in