Long Names

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by JoeInOttawa, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:51 PM.

1. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Well-Known Member

Because a lot of the IRs and presets out there have huge long names, it'd be great if I could actually read them in the software.

2. slateboy

slateboy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Memory hold names longer than the device name can display but still a within a limit.
    The only solution, at present, is to rename on your computer to something within the string-length permitted before transferring yo your AA. Not ideal but a fix. Don't forget, those long names of cab IRs are designed for and accepted by many plugin fx.
    See
    http://atomicamps.com/forum/index.php?threads/preset-name-in-the-editor.1159

3. JoeInOttawa

Good idea, thanks. But it didn't actually work, I'm afraid, I tried it. I renamed the presets on my machine, but when I imported them into the editor, they came in with their complete names. I can then change the names of the presets in the editor, but I can't change the names of the IRs, for example.

4. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Well-Known Member

You can change the name of IRs in the editor. I do it for all of mine. A Ownhammer name might be OH-MARCB-M20-SP3 or whatever. I'll change it to O-M20-SP3.

5. JoeInOttawa

I'll have to try that. But meanwhile, my wishlist item stands: Wouldn't it just be easier if the software joined the '90s ;) and allowed (and displayed) long names?

Joe

Clint Martin likes this.
  6. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Well-Known Member

I have mine organized like this.
    IRs for clean (Fender type stuff) on the left...Ownhammer 1 through 8, Celestion 9 through 16.
    IRs for high gain (Marshall type stuff) on the right...Ownhammer 1 through 8, Celestion 9 through 16.
    Examples of names...

O-DLX-C12R-3
    C-CB-1X12C
    O-MAR-M20-3
    C-GB-4X12C

For Ownhammer I always use the SP (Scott Petersen mixes) so the number 3 is all I need to know.
    IMO The Celestion high gain mixes sound great for everything so I just need to know what the speaker and cab are.

32 is enough.