Looper Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Slartibartfarst42, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Slartibartfarst42

Slartibartfarst42 Senior Member

This is an area that is totally new to me so I'm unsure what is good and what isn't. I thought that if I list the things I'm looking for in a looper, some wise people here might be able to point me in the right direction.
    1. Be able to simply loop a phrase so I can quickly noodle over it at home
    2. Be able to add drums (even more) to the loop I create for a better overall sound
    3. Be able to record and store multiple ideas on the pedal
    4. Be able to also record what I improvise over the looped 'backing track' I've created
    5. Be able to export the finished product to my laptop via USB, memory card or even Bluetooth
    6. Ideally, to do all of this without breaking the bank!
    Some years ago I bought a Presonus Audiobox to record ideas but frankly I'm a bit lost with it all so I think at my age I need a rather simpler solution where I can effectively record some ideas even if it is a little more stripped down than the Presonus. I'm guessing there's a looper out there that will do all of this without ridiculous expense and it would have the added bonus that I could easily become a simple one-man band.

A preliminary look at the market suggests that a Digitech Trio + fits the bill nicely but I may be wrong in that conclusion.

2. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Digitech Jamman Stereo does everything except the drums and is quite a bit cheaper.
    For the same money as a Trio+, the Boss RC30 ?

3. siejeje

siejeje New Member

For me Jamman solo xt + Sdrum is perfect solution.

4. Quadfire

Quadfire Well-Known Member

The Singular Sound Aeros covers the above ... but it breaks the bank. Add a BeatBuddy if you don't have something else for that.

The Boss-10R comes with drums and is much cheaper. It's much more limited as a looper especially in terms more than one phrase in parallel or sequential. Boss RC-3 has some rhythms built in that and lots of spots to store loops, but limited (klunky) ability to move between sections on the fly.

If you're using external drums, you'll want midi sync or some way to capture a drum loop seamlessly so it won't drift.