Midi CC assignments for bank up/bank down

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Vicenzajay, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Vicenzajay

Vicenzajay Active Member

I've mentioned this in my other (newbie) posts - but I wanted to get it into the "wishlist" section as well.

Perhaps there's already a way to do this (midi message for banking up/down from a controller) - I certainly hope so.

If not, then I'm 1) shocked that this wasn't implemented from the start of midi integration with the AF and 2) asking that it be included in the next firmware update.

This is really not a difficult addition at all in the midi change call scheme - the AF already has a bank up or bank down command logic that is assignable to footswitches. Simply mapping a CC for each of those to the already existing internal command would seem almost trivial while enormously expanding the feature set of a rig using a midi controller to control any AF unit.

2. slateboy

slateboy Senior Member

Home Page:
    As the preset changes relate to midi program changes, i'd expect a midi controller to be able to step up in banks of, say ten, therefore presenting then next lot/bank of presets, effectively giving you the bank up/down option. As it is, you'd still need to then deliver a program change message anyhow as the preset change doesn't respond to CC values that i'm aware of.

What device are you controlling your preset changes with?

3. Vicenzajay

Vicenzajay Active Member

What I want to do is use the MC6 mkii to control bank up and down (at this point). As "banks" within the MC6 have absolutely nothing to do with "banks" in the AF, I'm trying to avoid that confusion (it confuses the you-know-what out of me at this point).

If I can change (AF) banks with the MC6, I can select AF presets with AF footswitches - hopefully using offset in order to have access to all 10 presets within any bank.

On another thread, Jace has mentioned that CC3 and CC4 are mapped to this. I'll try it out and go from there. If that works, I'll close this thread.

I do want to keep beating the drum for a CC tuner function call, though. That should be incredibly easy to implement as well.

4. TrondUlseth

TrondUlseth Member

I can confirm that CC3 and CC4 works like a charm. I bought the Disaster Area DMC.micro for this very purpose, and got it up and running after a short fiddle with the user manual. Also worth to remember to select a Midi channel under Global settings in the editor. Before doing this (after being adviced by Jaze) it behaved a bit strange.