Midi out cc messages

Discussion in 'Support' started by dheran, May 6, 2018.

1. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

Hi there. I'm loving my AA12 so far. Need some help with the midi, since I want to change my amplifier channel with a relay that receives midi signal and opens or closes the relay.

The question: is the AA12 able to send midi cc per preset? Can I configure each preset to have a selectable cc so when the preset is recalled, that cc is launched through the midi out?

Cheers!

2. mollydyer

mollydyer Senior Member

it will send PC for sure, but I don't think it will send CC.

dheran likes this.
  3. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

Agree. I'm pretty sure it only sends PC messages.

4. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

I asked that question about MIDI CC messages because some devices use that type of messages to translate MIDI into a relay that switches the amp channel. Other devices, however, use PC messages. So with that devices the AA works just fine. When you load a preset in the AA, it sends a MIDI PC message with the same program number as the AA preset.

Examples of those devices are Nobels MS-4, AMP Gizmo, NUX PMS-2, etc... But I discovered another device which is almost perfect: Disaster Area DMC.micro. This little monster can toggle amp channels (it saves relay state per preset) and can do a lot more things. Among them, it can control Zoom devices vía USB HOST MIDI. So with this tiny device (really tiny!) I´m going to be able to control, with my AA12 presets, the amp channel and the presets in the Zoom MS-50G or G1on, so these devices would give me the extra FX that I could need, per preset... because the AA stuff lacks some FX, as we all know (I´m now thinking about the harmonizar, for example).

So I´m really happy with the solution I´ve found!

Andy likes this.