Modern metal presets

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Metropolis, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Metropolis

Metropolis Member

I was searching metal presets made by other Atomic Amplifire users and I was mainly disappointed. So I wanted to share my approach to this subject. These presets use Ownhammer 412 MES-ST OH1-05 or OH1F-05 from their free Mesa Boogie Rectifier Standard cab pack which can be found here:

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=181&products_id=411

Presets I made sound fairly bright with these impulses, so adjusting Pre EQ, amp gain, damping and cab block parameters to your taste may be required, or use your own favourite IR's. Personally I like Ownhammer's Mesa Traditional and Oversized cabs more than standard.

Attached Files:

2. Flonka

Flonka Member

Here is a 5150 Devin Townsend inspired preset. Set up with a GEQ as a booster. Made with Amplifire12.

Attached Files:

Metropolis likes this.
  3. Metropolis

Metropolis Member

I liked the delay and reverb sounds, but eq boost made it sound too chimey, so I replaced it with screamer.

Friedman HBE model is also quite interesting, tight and mid heavy hot rodded Marshall sound. It can do modern tones quite well, but this turned out to be pretty hair metal'ish because of added delay.

Attached Files:

cragginshred likes this.