My Atomic Is Blowing Up Monitor Wedges

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Zaid Crowe, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Zaid Crowe

Zaid Crowe New Member

This is a duplicate post that from the FB group that I've also email to support.

Desperate for some input, as if the AA is the issue - this is a massively expensive problem that I'm guessing no one will take responsibility for!

I posted a while back about not getting enough volume out of my atomic with a QWC k10.

Eventually my k10 'blew up' ...well, both inputs stopped working. GuitarGuitar happily traded me it for brand new one. Three weeks in i'm getting getting odd clicks and noises that occurred just before the last one blew.

I've pulled my volume back, but it's now no longer usable with a live drum kit.

If i was to share the presets I'm having problems with, and my global settings - would anyone be up for testing this to see if there's something down right idiotic I'm doing to cause this?

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Well-Known Member

How are you running the gain staging? Can you share your AA level knob and monitor output knob settings (volumes)

3. FullHouse

FullHouse Well-Known Member

Hi, how are you connecting the Amplifire to you speaker ie are you running unbalanced or balanced jacks from the Main outputs or XLRs from the AUX outputs of the Amplifire? How are you setting the mic/line switch on the speaker? The normal maximum signal that the speaker can cope with without clipping is +10dB, but the Amplifire can put out more than this so you have to take care that you set your outputs properly.
    FullHouse