New "Amp packs" released

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Fremen, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    Hi guys, after a couple of months of work, here's my latest Amplifire presets

The high gainers :

That Youtube demo is a little rushed, I only had 15 minutes to record that before a friend came home to borrow my Amplifire so it's a noodling fest, but at least you'll hear a few presets from each pack

The Fender amps :

The Rumbles :

https://fremenpresets.com/amplifire-amp-packs/

Since I released my first Atomic Amplifire pack in January 2016, I received many requests for a new batch of presets. It took me some time (not that I’ve been inactive since then; I’ve been working on presets for other processors, which became incredibly popular, and also on new custom IRs – more on that later), but here they are at last!

This time, I’ve chosen to release smaller packs, each of which are dedicated to one amp model. Each pack has from 14 to 20 presets (more details on my website), with each using a different custom cab (except the Top Boost pack). All these cabs are new and were not used in my 1st pack. They come from an extensive collection of custom IRs (another name for the cabs) I’ve made in the past two years, mainly with tone-matching/IR captures of my own cabs. The cabs used are not the same in each pack. Of course, you can use those cabs with your own presets (just click on FROM PRESET in the cab selection panel and chose which of my presets you want to import the cab from).

The 15 packs totals 225 presets, which is almost twice what the Amplifire can store – thus giving you many, many options to choose from !

oakcharles19, NelsonP and avinash like this.
  2. therealmf

therealmf Member

I am surprised by the amount of gain on your overdrive Fender presets. Do you create that by pushing the gain of the compressor all the way up? I can see there is no boost active, and the gain of the amp block is quite low.

3. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    It's explained in the video comment :
    "- In each preset the drive pedal can be used for a classic rock/hard rock tone. Each sounds different because of the different cabs. Note that in the video, on the editor the block appears bypassed when I'm demoing the BST pedal settings, that's because I'm activating it on the Amplifire itself and the editor doesn't reflect that."

4. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

@Fremen
    These packs look great. Any chance you could post one or two sample presets here for trial purposes?
    YouTube vids are great but don't really give an idea of how it will sound through my setup or feel when playing etc.

I'd potentially be interested in buying some of your packs but have had mixed experiences with buying preset packs and IRs in the past, so being able to try a couple of samples would really help.

5. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    Sure ! Here's 4 presets

Attached Files:

kgwzz, dubiousMe, Flonka and 4 others like this.
  6. oakcharles19

oakcharles19 Active Member

Hey Fremen!

I purchased the 5150 pack (my favourite amp model in the Amplifire) and the Friedman, which I keep reading everywhere is one of the best amp models in the AF. The 5150 presets are great, just what I was looking for and there are plenty of voicings and different "colors" to choose from. I will certainly use those presets for lead but I am mainly looking for a full, big rhythm tone for my alternative rock/hard rock/wannabe prog band. I combined the presets with some Ownhammer IRs and they get along just fine, but your cabs are great, so I'm just mixing/matchig to preference.

As I mentioned, I am trying to like the Friedman model as much as everyone does, but your pack in particular has a lot of low end, which I cannot seem to dial out without "killing" the tone. I know that works different for everyone's setup, but just comparing the 5150 pack and the Friedman with the same guitar (PRS SE Singlecut with JB/Jazz Seymour Duncan pups), the Fried just has a lot of low end. Been working on that for a few hours, and will probably get the sound I want, but I just wanted to let you know my thoughts on that.

So, I would give the 5150 pack an A+ and the Friedman a B+. This is just my subjective opinion!

Lastly, will you be releasing anything for the AFBox? The EQ work on the 5150 is pretty detailed and I would gladly pay for a pack rather than spend hours trying to get the same sounds in the AFBox (lazy, I know).

Also, do you have any specifics on what cabs were used for the packs? Maybe I missed that on the website or the info that came with the download. If you could release the cab IRs to be used with the AFBox, that would be great.

Thanks for the hard work!

Fremen likes this.
  7. DodgeGB

DodgeGB Member

Thanks so much for posting up those samples. Really loving the 5150 and DLX; the deluxe is much warmer and fatter than my current version! I've got a gig this weekend with my current presets but I'll be buying some next week to see how they work with my setup. Great stuff!

Fremen and Clint Martin like this.
  8. Hellion

Hellion New Member

These presets and their cabs slays ! Highly recommended to all Amplifire users! This is the greatest addition you can bring to your unit. Thank you Fremen! Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Fremen likes this.
  9. Fremen

Fremen Member

Sub-editor
    Home Page:
    Hello, my apologies for the late reply ! I didn't get any notification in my mail so I didn't know that there has been replies. But I got a notification for the latest post
    So, regarding the Friedman, it depends on your setup a lot, for sure. if simply lowering the bass in the amp tonestack or in the cab block don't work, the best way to remove unwanted low end is by putting a parametric EQ after the amp, selecting high pass filter 1 or 2 mode, start around 100 hz, and tweak from here. The frequency, the Q and the amount of cut will all have an effect

I don't have an AFBox unfortunately so I can't program presets for it...

On my oldest packs, my custom IRs were mixes of free IRs, with so post eq.This time the IRs are captures of my Palmer cabs. My process is unorthodox and quite complex ; most IRs have the same base (captures of my two Palmers with a SM57) but different flavors applied on top of those,with EQ matching from recordings and stuff like that (I have an enormous library of guitar stems)

10. oakcharles19

Thanks for the Friedman tone tips, they helped a lot! Would you say those presets should be good for live playing? I will play a gig in a couple of weeks, I will know the answer by then, but I would like your input. I'm sure there will be some tone tweaking involved, but I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

11. oakcharles19

Hey Fremen,

Just to let you know I played a show on Saturday featuring your 5150 and HBE presets, adjusted to my guitar and needs. I could not be happier, overall great sound. I matched the HBE preset on the AFBox and got great results. Thanks again!