NEWBIE: AA6 footswitch configuration question

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ong Tai Suan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Ong Tai Suan

Ong Tai Suan Member

i just got the AA6. i understand the preset 1 to 128 concept. i understand how the A/B switching methods, preset assign, effects assign etc. but i do not know how the bank UP and DOWN work. i don't understand how offset works too. i'm an old school pedal guy.

let say i have these presets: 1-clean, 2-LOUD clean(for solo), 3-OD, 4-LOUD OD(for solo), 5-clean, 6-LOUD clean(for solo), 7-HIGH GAIN, 8-LOUD HIGH GAIN(for solo).

how do i setup these as banks in AA6? here, i'm trying to draw the AA6 footswitches config using their position below:

4-(BANK UP) 5-(preset 3) 6-(preset 4)

1-(BANK DOWN) 2-(preset 1) 3-(preset 2)

this bank allows me to do normal clean playing, clean solo (louder). then OD for riffing and loud OD for soloing. if i want to change bank to a more HIGHER gain stuff, i will kick in footswitch 4 to go up another bank to different set of presets:

4-(BANK UP) 5-(preset 7) 6-(preset 8)

1-(BANK DOWN) 2-(preset 5) 3-(preset 6)

so footswitch 1 and 4 remain but footswitch 2, 3, 5 and 6 all change based on the BANK UP and BANK DOWN.

thanks guys.

2. paulfrench

paulfrench Well-Known Member

You need to use offset 1/6-5/10 (bottom page 47 in the manual) This will allow you to do what you want, but you need to move your presets around to line up as you would like them. So, if you’re in bank 3, footswitch 2 would alternate between preset 32 and 37. You need to put the presets you want on that switch into those spots. Footswitch 3 would go between 33 and 38 etc.

Ong Tai Suan likes this.
  3. Ong Tai Suan

Ong Tai Suan Member

@paulfrench , i think i'm starting to understand a bit from your explanation. thank you so much.

4. paulfrench

No problem!

It took me a little while to wrap my brain around it, too. I still draw it out on paper to lay out what I want, and then move the presets around into the proper bank locations.

Good luck

5. Ong Tai Suan

Ong Tai Suan Member

i didn't play with the AA6 yet. i have some other questions:

1. i plan to use only offset 1-9 because i want each footswitch to engage 1 preset at a time. since the bank-up and bank-down is an increment of +10 or -10, i can only set preset 1, 2, 3, 4 (per bank) and 11, 12, 13, 14 (bank 10+) and 21, 22, 23, 24 (bank 20+). correct? which means i can't do any n5, n6, n7, n8, correct?

2. if i use offset 1/6-5/10, it means my footswitches need to set as (example):

fs2 - 1/6 = preset 11/preset 16
    fs3 - 2/7 = preset 12/preset 17
    fs5 - 3/8 = preset 13/preset 18
    fs6 - 4/9 = preset 14/preset 19

if i press fs2 once, it goes to preset 11, press again, it goes to preset 16. my question is: when i press fs3 once, does it go to preset 12 or preset 17?

if it goes to preset 17, it means if i want to use preset 16, 17, 18, 19, i need to press twice on each fs, right?

6. paulfrench

It would go to 17, then step on any of the others (16,17,18,19), once to get to them from 17. If you want the lower presets, you need to hit twice to get back. I think of it as an upper/lower level thing. You can go directly from any of the lower presets to another lower preset with one tap, but to go to the upper presets you need to tap a switch twice. You can then do the same from the upper presets, but to get to the lower set you need to hit one of them twice.

7. Ong Tai Suan

Ong Tai Suan Member

thanks for the explanation. i get what you mean. will try it at home later.