Presets based on artist

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by MJL, Sep 16, 2020.

1. MJL

MJL New Member

Anyone can lead me to somewhere in this preset exchange or external site (free or paid) that has presets based on artist tones? Getting a bit tired tweaking. I appreciate the abundant presets of legendary amp tones, but sometimes I just want a preset that sounds like an artist, few mins of tweaking and get on with jamming the bands song.

2. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

3. MJL

MJL New Member

Thanks. The presets are a little dear in price and not enough samples to have a feel of how it sounds.
    For the people who have purchased them, could u please give some feedback? If the tones are good, it would be priceless and hence justifiable.
    Dont get this the wrong way but please dont say tone is subjective. Input with regards to your opinion and your liking is much appreciated.

4. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

Did you check out Singtall's free presets?

Personally, I've never found a preset that I've paid for that I do like other than Glen Delaune's HX Stomp presets. They will not sound the same with your gear as they do on the videos and unfortunately Atomic Amplifire just doesn't have the following to get many creators interested in making them. However, this thing sounds so good out of the box that we really don't need them.

If you really want to learn more through other's great presets, I learned a lot by getting the extremely popular HX Stomp and watching all the many videos on YT on how to configure it. Now I can create a great preset on any of my modelers. But nothing I have created sounds as good as preset #34 that comes stock with AA6. I have modded it a bit though to make it sound better to me.

Also you can learn a lot by finding videos on YT that show how people with your favorite amps or tones are getting it with real tube amps and then mimicking it on the AA.

bidoo likes this.