Swell Delay w/ diffusion control

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Wyatt McConnell, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Wyatt McConnell

Wyatt McConnell Senior Member

Be careful when you load this preset up: Absolutely make sure that Expression Pedal A is set at a 0% position before loading. Also, its tuned for my HSS strat with modest output pickups -- played my Ibanez w/ EVO2 in the bridge through it and it was reaaaaally close to going into self-oscillation with the standard settings so if your pickups are high output you should probably dial the delay "level" back a few dBs before playing. Definitely keep your master monitor volume control close at hand as you work your way through how the patch works in case things start to get out of control. W/ Expression A at 0% you get a kind of swelling delay thing that can edge towards self-oscillation with hard attack but will back out of it if you just stop playing/ease off on your dynamics. Step on the expression pedal and diffusion increases to ~30% and it starts to take off into self-oscillation. back the expression pedal off before it goes too nuts. It takes a little while to figure out how to ride it to keep it in control but on the edge of insanity...like driving a stick shift.

Attached Files:

2. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Senior Member

Wonder how this will work without an Expression pedal via the AF? My volume pedal is an analog one before the AF, but use it all the time for volume swells.

3. Wyatt McConnell

Wyatt McConnell Senior Member

I like the patch w/out expression, too -- I made it originally w/out any expression control. Definitely doesn't sound like a typical delay patch. You could maybe bump diffusion up a little and then have your "standard" mode w/ the patch be w/ your volume pedal backed off a touch and then goose the volume pedal a bit to push it into self-oscillation...will definitely but tougher to find the right balance that way.