Two Atomic Amplifires into One FRFR

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Paul Wilson, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Paul Wilson

Paul Wilson Member

Applies to speakers like the Headrush with two or more inputs, in order to blend two amp models as some guitarists do with real amps.

Anybody doing this? Any tips on splitting guitar signal etc? Just curious as this could add another dimension, and be a good use of a backup device!

PaulW

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Should work fine and you could synce preset changes and effects etc. over midi between the two devices. It's not somethng I'd ever look to do as my goal with the Atomic stuff is simplicity but I'd love to hear how you it goes if you do try it.

Paul Wilson likes this.
  3. Paul Wilson

Paul Wilson Member

Thanks for this. Will only happen if I find a reasonably priced device to buy as a backup, and I would probably keep one preset running on one device all the time as a high headroom filler while using the second for the variations and other effects. Hoping a straight split from the guitar would be OK without any buffering.

Was just curious to see if anyone was doing it - dual amp rigs are fairly common out there...

Getting a bit nervous about continuity here in the UK. The Atomic warranty is short and the units are only sporadically available. Got a good deal on a new AA6 though - £350 from Andertons!

PaulW