Unable to refresh/Unable to save - edge case

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by mollydyer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. mollydyer

mollydyer Active Member

I'm gonna guess a bit here - that the software and the amplifire talk via sysex midi-over-usb.

If I have my Source Audio Reflex plugged in and it's midi out enabled, the software is unable to save / refresh and needs to be restarted. If I shut the reflex off I can program it no problem.

2. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Active Member

Sounds like a midi conflict possibly, or the Amplifire is giving the SAR priority when it's turned on/plugged in...as if it can only communicate with one at a time.

Maybe Atomic's firmware gives the software editor the "backseat" when external midi controllers are plugged in directly to the Amplifire and turned on. Maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's to prevent midi crosstalk errors of some kind.

Either way, it sounds more annoying than problematic. You might just have to use the editor while all external controllers are off. Hopefully someone else can chime in and actually help...I'm all guesses here

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. mollydyer

mollydyer Active Member

Agreed- it's simply annoying. I just shut off the external controller while editing. The only time it's a pain is when I'm setting the expression pedal range to something other than 0-100%.

Anthony Newcomb likes this.