AFB: Transparent Amp - AutoSave Presets w/ Knob Values - GEQ

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by dragonfly66, Jan 2, 2018.

1. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Well-Known Member

Thank you for making very durable, great sounding, and thoughtful products! Thank you also for having a wishlist section. Below are three things I would love to see after rehearsing with the AFB for a little over a month now.

Transparent Amp -
    Add a transparent, uncolored amp. I have to use my electric guitar as an acoustic guitar for several of my band's songs. I purchased an acoustic IR and use that in the cab block. The trouble is I have to turn off the amp block because every amp choice takes away from the IR sounding like an acoustic guitar. Without an amp block, I don't have enough gain nor the ability to make any amp-level EQ changes. This means I have to use the EQ block to get more gain. Without an amp block the PreTone section of the EQ block doesn't work. I end up having to use all three PEQ sections for gain only to make up the difference.

AutoSave Presets w/ Knob Values -
    Have a global setting that turns off/on autosave of all preset data including knob values. When ON any changes are autosaved to the AFB hardware in both ByPass and A/B mode. If ON the knob values are exported with the preset. If OFF no knob values are saved in ByPass mode, but are still saved in A/B mode as the pedal does now. If OFF the knob presets do not export with the preset.

GEQ - It would be great to have a GEQ to make up for any tone tweaks, though I probably wouldn't be asking for this if I had a transparent amp to use with my acoustic guitar IR.

dheran likes this.
  2. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

3. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

A blend control on the CAB block would also certainly improve your acoustic tone.

dheran likes this.
  4. Larry Largen

Larry Largen Well-Known Member

Saving the tone and gain controls would be great and it has been asked for repeatedly. However Atomic seems to comitted to the idea of “what you see is what you get”.
    I would love a graphic eq. It would help get around the “wysiwyg” settings and also help perfect sone tones.

5. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Well-Known Member

The transparent amp is still my first request because it would solve my biggest problem which is getting a decent acoustic tone. The GEQ would be second. I've gotten used to the way the AFB works and it not saving the knob settings. I'm using an Acoustikar pedal now for acoustic tone and it is not as nice.