Atomic Please Respond!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by dxtrinc, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan P.Aran

Jonathan P.Aran Member

I've been wanting to own one since the first time they released it but couldn't afford it. When I got my used unit, I was really blown away by the sounds really, and how well it takes my other pedals. It would be a shame to let this good sounding device go, since it meets what I need it to do...silent practice at home, plays well with other pedals, I can use it live, a platform for recording my guitars...it just fits the bill.

Anthony Newcomb likes this.
  2. Anthony Newcomb

Anthony Newcomb Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your like it, it's a great modeler and especially for the price. If it's working great, I say keep it and enjoy it!

Jonathan P.Aran likes this.
  3. gluve95

gluve95 Well-Known Member

If you like it stick with it. Odds are it will serve you well for years. I may get me something else down the road. But I certainly will not get rid of my AF12.

Jonathan P.Aran likes this.
  4. Skullz

Skullz Member

[​IMG]

UnnoTed likes this.
  5. Anthony Newcomb

Well I downloaded the NAMM app and it looks like Atomic is 'not' participating in the Summer NAMM show which starts today. I looked through alphabetically and this is what I found...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Mateo likes this.
  6. Ron Vasquez

Ron Vasquez Active Member

If you are worried about support, just buy two AA3's, one for your main rig, and one for backup... it will be WAY cheaper than buying one Line 6 Helix, and dead even with the the LT.

This reply is with my tongue firmly in cheek, but jeez guys... let's break out the pitchforks and torches why don't we?

7. Anthony Newcomb

No pitchforks or torches here haha, a simple discussion with other curious minds is all I'm up for. It can definitely get a little tense around here at times though...that's when I take cover from the flames and pokey things...:eek:

8. Mateo

Mateo Active Member

Good catch, I was just looking for Atomic on the sponsor listing of the NAMM website. Considering they teased us with the AFB at the last NAMM show, it's somewhat eyebrow raising that they aren't even present at Summer NAMM. It would have been the perfect opportunity to announce AFB's availability with a ton of press coverage. Alas, they are not there, so my interpretation is that the product must not be close to release.

9. facefirst

facefirst Well-Known Member

The writing: it's on the wall.

10. Meiannatee

Meiannatee Well-Known Member

Well, the title does say "ATOMIC please respond", not "Atomic fans please respond on Atomic's behalf". And this IS the Atomic Amps forum. Yet all we see is the latter.

The silence leaves lots of room for speculation. It could mean:

- The sale of the company/merger with another company is being negotiated

- The company is closing soon and is currently wrapping up all ends

- All personnel that had been working on AA products, including AA, subcontractors, manufacturers/suppliers, business partners, etc. were simultaneously incapacitated by an accident, act of God, disease, war, political unrest, etc.

- dealing with a lawsuit?

Andrei likes this.
  11. flcmcya

flcmcya Senior Member

My guess.... # 2!

12. mollydyer

mollydyer Senior Member

oh good lord. lol

13. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

That combined with the fact that the CLR, which is their main product, has been out of stock for a while now, should raise some questions in anyone's mind.
    Edit: Just found out that AA12 is also out of stock on their website ?! I guess it was a nice ride.

14. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

15. Skullz

Skullz Member

All of this could have been avoided if someone from Atomic would have taken 2 minutes to simply reply to a message ON THEIR OWN FORUM. the lack of communication/support is inexcusable. love the product but this isn't the way to treat people after you've taken their money. Sorry Atomic but I'm out....

16. facefirst

facefirst Well-Known Member

CS has never been their strong point.

17. Brewbuck72

Brewbuck72 Member

As an Amplifire owner, I echo many of the points made in this thread...
    • Great product/technology
    • Unbelievably poor customer engagement effort (not customer service, customer engagement, big difference)
    • Hope they don't go away
    If we are seeing the end of Atomic, or at least the Amplifire line, I hope they will do their users one last favor and make the editor SW source code available to modify. I would be fine with the current set of models and features but would love to see an improved editor to configure and control them.

18. mollydyer

mollydyer Senior Member

Pretty sure Tom only does hardware? So the software would be by Studio Devil. They did the dsp stuff right?

19. Anthony Newcomb

mollydyer likes this.
  20. Atomic Amps

Atomic Amps Administrator Staff Member

First, for those wondering, we're still developing for the AmpliFIRE platform. There will be future updates. We've never said otherwise and although it's been a few months, we've really transformed the products through free firmware updates for the last 3 years.

We've been slammed staffing up and training new employees as well as finishing up a couple of huge projects. We are looking forward to getting back to the adding of features and functionality and being more involved in the community again.

Other than that, everything is going quite well at Atomic. Sales are at an all-time high and we're in the final stage of beta testing our new ticket-based support system. Outside of that, we've been communicating regularly with our customers every day.

In fact, we've been working especially hard adding some REALLY cool firmware-based enhancements to Ampli-Firebox that have pushed back the launch date. This comes as a direct result of listening carefully to customers and potential customers here on the forums and elsewhere.

We haven't wanted to mention what these features are or when the pedals (which are already manufactured) will start shipping because we weren't even 100% sure that we squeeze it all in. We now are, however, in an advanced beta of those features and things are looking very good.

All I can say at this point is that we're coming down the stretch and it won't be long now.

Thanks everyone for all the support and patience. It'll be worth it.

-TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.