Bass and treble

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Leiny, Oct 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Leiny

Leiny New Member

A few months ago I had some problem with the display on my AA3. I got an pm from Atomic how to disassemble the unit and solder on the connections to the display. I did so, and so far the unit has worked fine . I use my unit mostly for acoustic guitar, no AMP only IR and other effects and the sound is just great. Now I have a question: When I’m in different live situations, I many times depending of the room, need to change the bass or treble to get a good sound. Since I am not using any AMP the knobs on the unit are not enabled. And most of the time I just need a quick fix so there are no time to get into menus and change EQ settings. Just to use the knobs for bass-treble should be perfect. So I looking for an AMP that is absolutely neutral with an EQ for bass and treble. Is that possible now, or are there other solutions to get this function?
    /Leif

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

I would try one of the power amp only options, probably KT88 or 6l6, with the input level low so there is no tube distortion modeled. They should be pretty neutral, but I don’t recall if the tone stack works with them or not.

3. Leiny

Leiny New Member

I have tried that but the knobs for eq is not enabled.

4. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Senior Member

This brings up something on my wish list: A studio Tube preamp. No fancy voicing or gain structure, just something with the tiniest bit of warmth and access to the tone shaping controls. Maybe modeled on something fairly pedestrian, like the Presonus Blue TubePre.

5. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Not possible as far as I know at the moment, this has been requested a few times for a future firmware update.
    Best option is to use something like a Seymour Duncan Powerstage as your power amp, which has bas/mid/treble knobs and fits easy on your pedal board.

6. JoeInOttawa

What isn't possible?

7. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Use the knobs on the Amplifire itself as "global" bas/mid/treble to adjust for the room/venue.

JoeInOttawa likes this.
  8. JoeInOttawa

Ah, okay. I thought you meant the whole clean tube pre thing. :)