Firebox save settings!

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Larry Largen, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Larry Largen

Larry Largen Well-Known Member

I really like the way this pedal sounds, but I can't use it with all of it's current limitations.
    Is there any chance there will be a firmware update that allows users to save all 9 of the preset settings?
    Can we please get an update that allows two separate amps and cabs for A/B mode?
    And please give us menu options for the cab block.
    Is any of this possible?
    This pedal sounds great and I love how compact it Is. It would be amazing to see these improvements.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. Wyatt McConnell

Wyatt McConnell Senior Member

You're gonna have to state the problem more clearly:

(1) do you mean have the gain, volume, vass, middle, treble, presence, reverb and level knobs saved with the 9 presets?

(2). You can have different amp and cabs for the A channel and Ba channel. Do you mean something else?

(3). What menu options do you need for the cab block?

Larry Largen likes this.
  3. Larry Largen

You're right about being able to use 2 different presets in A/B mode. I figured it out.
    I would like to be able to save all the tone, level, drive, damping, everything, settings for all 9 presets.
    I would like to see a menu selection for the cab block in the editor that allows you to choose preloaded IR's. This ia much easier than having to load a preset that has the cab you want and then erasing everything to rebuild the preset.

4. Wyatt McConnell

Wyatt McConnell Senior Member

My understanding is the firebox doesn't have any on board storage for the actual IR files separate from the preset slot which makes it impossible to allow you to just select one of those IRs from a menu. They could get around this by posting the IRs for download, but perhaps their agreement with whoever made the IRs precludes this. As to saving everything, they have decided that having the knobs always be WYSIWYG in preset mode is the better way to go. Many agree with them, but it will always be a point of division amongst users.

Larry Largen likes this.
  5. Larry Largen

I'm enjoying it a lot. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade to the A3 or not. The more i mess with it the more uses i find for it like loading a couple acoustic guitar IRs and running them a/b mode into my AX8 or just keeping it in my gig bag as a back up. It's good as a comp/dual drive pedal too. Too bad it's not stereo, then it would make a good reverb/delay when the new firmware comes out. It's pretty impressive though.

6. Larry Largen

Oh, and i figured the way to get around WYSIWYG mode is to use the post e.q. and drive blocks since their settings can be saved. I just leave the knobs at 5 and it's pretty good going from one to the other on a gig.

DL_57 likes this.