Footswitch "permanent" effect assign (across presets)

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Dagwin, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Is it possible to add one extra mode to the footswitch assignments ?
    I could use a " permanent" on/off for effects.

I use a Digitech " The Drop" for downtuned songs and would like to use the pitch shifter instead (just replaced my AA3 with an AA6). But I can't do that, as I switch between presets in most songs.
    Pitch shifter is off by default in the presets and I have button 6 assigned to turn this effect on/off.
    But if I play a downtuned song and start with preset with pitch shifter on, when I switch to preset B the pitch shifter will be off.

It would be great to have an extra footswitch function for effects to turn them on or off " permanently", where the setting is retained across all presets.

The alternative now would be to duplicate all my presets and set the pitch shifter on in the duplicated set. But if I do that, I run out of buttons to assign presets to.

2. lespauled

lespauled Well-Known Member

I use the Drop also, and it works perfectly. I never use the pitch shifter for this.

3. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Hmmm I like the idea of an effect that works across presets but the pitch block doesn't work as well as The Drop for down tuning as it's not polyphonic. I'd love to use the detune for songs that need that 80's rock chorus for rhythm and lead patches though.

4. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Have been playing around a bit more with it, The Drop does indeed sound a bit better/more natural.
    So it's a keeper, although I wanted to simplify my pedalboard :)

But nevertheless, it could be handy in some situations to have a "global" on/off switch for certain effects.