Hi, new here, have a question

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rodi, May 10, 2020.

1. Rodi

Rodi Member

New to the Modeling amps, so I have questions about "Amps" "IRs" n "Effects"

Are there third party amps that can be loaded? I've seen many IRs, but not really amps.

Presently, I have a lot of cool new n old tube amps that I'd love to see if they are available.

Valco (Octal Tubes), Magnatone M10A, Magnatone M14, Fender Brownface Deluxe. Juke Coda, Hiwatt 504 among others.

Also, Ir's for Fanes (Purple), Hepner Alnicos (I have a cab with two, one each smoothe and ribbed).

Even though I have read the manual back n forth, are there 3rd party effects available?

Thanks for your consideration!

Rodi

2. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

The amp models are fixed. At least until the next firmware update. There are no 3rd party amps.

There are lots of 3rd party presets - lots of tips on here on the best ones.

Think of IRs as a combination of a cab and mic. The amplifire handles 3rd party IRs so the world is your oyster. You could do a lot worse than the Ownhammer (r)Evolution pack.

For effects, read this...
    http://atomicamps.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-collection-of-effects-presets.197/

Also, have a read of this thread
    http://atomicamps.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-users-start-here.1917/

3. Rodi

Rodi Member

Thanks!

4. CKDexterHaven

CKDexterHaven Active Member

Even though your old amps are not included as amp models in the Atomic, you can still try to recreate them as presets, using other amp models or the set of preamp/tubes provided as a starting point. With all the EQs and parameters, maybe you come up with your own Magnatone preset. Then share it with the rest of us....