Loop position

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Slapback, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Slapback

Slapback Member

Hi there,

TL;DR please and the ability to put loop after the cabinet block.

Since the Amplifire has no looper, I use a Boss RC-2 looper in the FX loop. When playing through headphones or FRFR setup, the IR cabinet is applied to the loop, so I can't change IRs without the prior loops being changed too, due to the loops never having had recorded the amp + IR, only the amp with the loop having the IR applied post loop.

Thanks.

dbagchee and Miguel like this.
  2. Eric Raymond

Eric Raymond Member

This seems like a simple thing to support .. and it would makeup for the lack of a looper in the device. I think this is just Aux-In mode with "Loop Send" containing the fully processed output (as opposed to the dry, unprocessed guitar DI signal). Ideally we can put the loop in/out just before the output.

The issue with using a looper in location 5, is that changing patches causes the loop to go through reverb and cab changes. When you lay down that rhythm in a loop, the rhythm sound changes quite jarringly when you change the lead patch.

Putting the looper after the Amplifire only works on the main output and misses thew aux/FOH (as well as other subtle things like preventing the looper on/off from being part of a patch change).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

I would like this too. I have a boss RC3 and it has an aux in, which I could use if it were placed after the cab block.