Mooer Baby Bomb

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Wyatt McConnell, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Wyatt McConnell

Wyatt McConnell Senior Member

I've had this for a couple months but finally had a chance to fire it up today. All I can say is if you're looking for small, cheap, light power amp that is sufficient to compete with a drummer - it's great. I play in a bluesey context, so not sure how it's work for metal with a really loud drummer but for me and what I do, I got to volumes that'd work fine for jamming at no where close to noon on the volume knob. Sounded same at that volume as it did at bedroom level driving a Cannibis Rex loaded 1x12". Great companion piece to your Amplifire.

Madmax and Jace Nuzback like this.
  2. Greg Hansen

Greg Hansen New Member

revived this thread because today I got to try out a Mooer Baby Bomb. AA6 into the Baby Bomb into a Mesa Boogie 1x12 rectifier cab. Sounds really good, to the point that I think I'm selling my tube amp. I set the volume on the baby bomb to noon and ran my volume on the AA6 up to 50% ... it was wall rattling loud! Can't wait to fire it up with the whole band (hard rock/metal) for the real test. I was looking at higher wattage amps but I'm not sure I need more stage volume than what I'm getting out of this tiny mooer amp, since I am running direct to FOH with the xlr outs.

Joshdhardy likes this.
  3. Joshdhardy

Joshdhardy New Member

Hey mate, how does it feel to play through? I've played through a couple of solid state power amps and they just don't do it for me. Also, does it lop much high end off the signal?

4. Greg Hansen

Greg Hansen New Member

Honestly I had low expectations since its a $100 mini power amp thing, but it sounds and feel great. I didn't notice that it lopped off any high end, it has a 'warm' and 'bright' switch. I tried both and set mine to 'warm'. Comparing the AA6 running through studio monitors with a good IR (ML SOUND LAB) sounds as good or better, I was shocked when I hooked the AA6 and baby bomb up to my mesa cab. Also, the power was surprising clean on my clean presets (if that makes sense). Its not getting mic'ed live so Its really just to move some air around on stage for shows..I may end of throwing a mic on it to see how it sounds recorded though

5. lespauled

lespauled Well-Known Member

Have you tried a Quilter MicroBlock 45? I have one, and it performed great. I had it well over 100 decibels during my testing.