Option to disable amp-sim on one of the outputs.

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Mathias Riots, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Mathias Riots

Mathias Riots Member

Home Page:
    I would be really glad for an option (per preset or global, but best would be per preset) where you can disable amp+poweramp+cab on one of the outputs. So that I for example can put one cable from Main out to my Atomic CLR and one cable from Aux output to my Orange amp+cab (so that the Amplifire would work like a splitter after the effects, just before the amp). I know I can disable poweramp+cab for either output as it is today, but not the amp (correct me if I am wrong).

* This would be perfect for rehearsing so I can get a nice blend of both real amp and FRFR-minoitoring.
    * Live, when you come to a gig and there is a real cool amp thvere that you can use a nice mix h of them.

wazzakebnezza likes this.
  2. wazzakebnezza

wazzakebnezza Member

I agree with the notion, although would use it differently myself. To be able to disable the Power Amp module for normal outputs globally whilst keeping Power Amp module enabled for the Aux outputs would enable me to run through my amp and cab as backline/stage monitoring and keep the power amp sim activated through the PA via the AUX out for FOH would be perfect. If users want the option to switch poiwer on/off in patches then perhaps a patch override could work for that too?

resonance and Madmax like this.
  3. Jr.Deluxe

Jr.Deluxe Well-Known Member

Can you use the fx send to go to the orange? Then loop the signal back to the return with a mono y cord.

4. Mathias Riots

Mathias Riots Member

Home Page:
    I think that I can, but then I´ll lose the expression pedal (=wah) that I would like to have. It would be easier to just have a patch set up for this purpose. In my mind it seems like such an easy thing to add in a firmware.. but of course, I have absoluuuutely no clue at all how to do it :) .

Madmax likes this.