Preset name in the editor

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by dheran, Dec 30, 2017.

1. dheran

dheran Well-Known Member

I´ve just realised that the editor doesn´t show the name of the current preset! If you don´t have a list made by your own, or memorize the presets you have in the box, you´ll not know which ones you have loaded.

Pretty easy to fix this... isn´t it?

By the way, this little box sounds amazing!

EDIT: of course I´m talking about the Firebox...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Shane and Andy like this.
  2. Shane

Shane New Member

I would love the ability to make set lists from the presets and scroll up and down

dheran likes this.
  3. slateboy

slateboy Senior Member

Home Page:
    on the subject of naming presets (this is trure for AA3/12 not able to comment on AFB) there is a limit to the number of characters a preset can be named. The device screen is limited to 12 characters but retains more characters in memory than displayed (around 16 i think?). The editor retains the longer names i.e. 20+ characters, during edit-sessions, which are truncated (as they exceed the device's limit for preset-name length) only being noticable when recalled from the device on a new editor session.
    summary:
    Not much point in giving your preset a name longer than 12 characters for live use purpose. Longer names useful during editor sessions but dont go crazy with extra-long preset names!

patmepin15 likes this.
  4. Eric Raymond

Eric Raymond Member

This would be a great (and hopefully simple) change.

Wonder if the reason this was not done is because the preset (name) can change. IMHO, a bit of inconsistency here is fine (are more tolerable than having to jump back and forth to view the names on the editor screen).