Redo SLO amp model

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Yeah, May 24, 2018.

1. Yeah

Yeah Member

Really hoping the SLO gets revamped at some point. I find it extremely muddy even with pre and post EQing. It’s just terrible. If someone uses this model with any success please let me know.

2. gingataff

gingataff Member

I find it very fuzzy with an annoying high end. opposite to you, but equally unusable.

3. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Senior Member

I made and recorded this in about 15 minutes. Nothing added to Amplifire Soldano. It seems very usable to me. Certainly a good starting point.

Yeah and DreamTheaterRules like this.
  4. Yeah

Yeah Member

Nice playing Clint. Yeah for soloing the amp model is ok, but for playing rhythm and chords it’s gets extremely muddy with the gain up. Been awhile since I’ve tried to play the model but I think once the gain gets past 4 it gets muddy and a weird fuzzy ness starts. Even with pre EQ and tube screamers it’s difficult to dial out all the muddieness. At times it sounds like a fuzz pedal is turned on. I’ve even tried keeping the master down as well. Try some rhythm playing with it when you get a chance and let me know what you think of it. Thanks!

Clint Martin likes this.
  5. Clint Martin

Clint Martin Senior Member

I was trying to get a tone from a clip on YouTube with this preset. I'm really not sure what a Soldano sounds like. Can you post an example of a tone you like? I'll try to match it if you will.

6. tepc

tepc Well-Known Member

Would love to cop the sound of Mark Knopfler's SLO on the "On The Night" live concert.

7. tepc

tepc Well-Known Member

The amp I want "redone" is the 5150. Having owned the original Peavey model back when it first hit the market I have to say the 5150 model on my AF3 is really disapointing. Can't get it to sound anything like I remember my old amp did. Unless this amp model is based on the current 5150 made my Fender, that I have no idea what it sounds like.