T-Wah disabled by Epression Pedal Park

Discussion in 'Support & Bug Reporting' started by Quadfire, May 31, 2020.

1. Quadfire

Quadfire Well-Known Member

If you have the Wah set to T-Wah, the expression pedal can disable/enable the block.

This sounds like a bug in that Touch Wah does not use the expression pedal ... yet the expression pedal inactivity/activity turns the block off/on. Just because the normal wah and the t-wah share the same block, they should not all be controlled by the expression pedal park state. If the Park setting we're not global setting, the preset could work around this. Suspect this is also an issue if the expression pedal is set to Inactivity and also for the lfo autowah.

This means you cannot truly have a preset that enables the T-Wah. The T-Wah's activity will be controlled by the expression pedal's park state.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  2. Quadfire

Quadfire Well-Known Member

With a bit more testing, this is better than first thought. Details below, but it's workable. Ideally it is documented if not fixed.

The issue still exists, but only if the expression pedal moves to the parked state after you switch to the preset with t-wah. I suspect the same thing happens if you move the expression pedal when the auto-off is inactivity. So if you just press a footswitch to change presets, it "works". This works whether or not the "from" preset had the wah "parked" or not.

Interesting thing is that the bug with Park being enabled upon switching presets until the timeout passes does *not* seem to affect t-wah!

This woud be less of an issue for me if I could tame the volume change between t-wah on/off. It's pretty jarring when then twah goes off and the volume jumps (presumably because the bandpass is narrow in what it let's through)? I tried a few things with the compressor and other levels....