The best IRs?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by NelsonP, May 7, 2020.

1. NelsonP

NelsonP Senior Member

What are your favorites? And for which model?

I'll go first - Ownhammer Basketweave GNR for anything remotely Marshally - particularly the Plexi, Brit 800 and Friedman BE / HBE.

I also have the Ownhammer DVRB and VC30 IRs for the Deluxe and Top Boost models respectively and these are pretty good. These are the ones that I'm currently using but I'm not 100% happy with them.

Basically I'm looking for some killer IRs for the Fender and Vox style models (Deluxe, 65 Twin, US Clean, Top Boost). To be fair the Atomic ones are pretty good already. Maybe I should stick to those!

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  2. Dagwin

Dagwin Well-Known Member

Celestion RedBacks for everything :D
    I really like the RedBacks, they are very good for anything you do with a V30 but also cleans.
    For the heavy stuff, I prefer Redbacks over V30s.
    If it is tone matching you are after, than of course you will need to get the IR's for the speaker you want to emulate...

DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  3. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Having tried almost every maker I wish I'd found ML Sound Labs IR's sooner, and York Audio are worth a mention too.

I also wish I'd spent longer with the stock cabs too.

RobPhoboS likes this.
  4. Superseed

Superseed Member

after buying and auditions all the major player IRs I settled on the Ownhammer Basketweave GNR. They are superb! I generally use the Brown versions. Really great stuff and worth every penny.

5. Seven Heaslip

Seven Heaslip Member

I've never paid for any IRs, only used free or stock ones so far. Most of my dirty tones I'm using the free Tonic IRs of Bogner 4x12 Greenback G12m25s as these sound best to my ears, in that pack they also have 2 other Bogner cabs plus a Two Rock cab.
    On one of my Deluxe patches I use the Wolverine Custom IR from a free pack made by Valhallir which sounds nice & is taken from a 2x12 Celestion WH-80 Marshall Wolverine cab.