Two Boost Blocks

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Slartibartfarst42, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Slartibartfarst42

Slartibartfarst42 Well-Known Member

I've recently been creating a number of new presets and in doing so I've discovered that what I’d really like Atomic to do is allow me to use two boost blocks as there are times when I’d really like to layer things a bit. The Clean Boost, Screamer and Overdrive affect the tone quite a bit in their own way and I’d like to combine those sometimes. I can’t be alone as I’ve noticed a few people mentioning using two boost blocks and until now I never realised why but now I think it would be a fantastic option. In comparison, I find the Distortion option to be utterly useless as all it does is add loads of distortion on a system where I have plenty amp model options to do that for me. On a personal level, I never use the Fuzz option either but I’m sure others do. I can’t see how anyone uses the Distortion option! Is there any possibility of two Boost blocks in the future?

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Have you tried running a peq (peaking or gain only) or even a compressor in front of the amp block as a psudo second drive for now?