Who has the best Hard Rock/Hair Metal Presets?

Discussion in 'Preset Exchange' started by Jem, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

I bought a pack of presets from Glenn Dulane that I really like for my Stomp... before I got those I really didn't like my Stomp all that well. The AA6 had always destroyed it even with the presets on the AA6 itself as they all sound good to me.

Now that I have found the Glenn Dulane presets I'm wanting to find an equally great and professional pack for the AA6 to see if anyone has gotten more out of the unit in this style? I want to see what a pro would do and how they would use it. unfortunately, he doesn't have any presets for the AA6 or it would be a no brain-er. @Jace Nuzback , maybe you can send him a free AA6 so he can build some presets :D

I didn't like the free presets from Singtall/Choptones, etc that I got with any of my other modelers including the AA6 but maybe their paid versions are better? I'm afraid to pay for them when I didn't like what I've heard so far. Anyone else have some free ones to try? And what are you favorites to buy if you love 80's rock and roll?

2. Dave_5150

Dave_5150 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Jem likes this.
  3. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

I like his price.. many of the others are just too expensive to try when I don't like the samples. Although Britt's presets didn't seem hairy enough to me from the examples.

4. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

5. singtall

singtall New Member

Personally, I put good presets in my freebies. Paid versions are not "better", just more variety. if you didn't like any of the free stuff then you won't like the paid versions much better...unless you are looking for an exact artist preset that i just happen to have.

what is it tonally that you don't like? what speakers are you playing through? maybe i can tweak a preset for you that will get you where you need to be.

6. Jem

Jem Well-Known Member

I just had my AA6 replaced due to an issue. I put your free presets on it and there are a couple I like but I don't know if it is the AA6 or the presets but I just can't find an 80s hard rock and metal tone that does it for me with this unit. I love all the other tones I get out of it. I'm more of a Modded Marshall guy and I can get all the tones I need out of the Amplifire except a really juicy 80s Hair metal tone. I use two 8" Mackie monitors or one HR FRFR12 or two 4x12 cabs with a stereo power amp. I'm just looking for something like this which is part of the modded pack I bought from Glenn:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020